ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer's letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

julian1972

Employer's letter

Post by julian1972 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:27 pm

As the submission of my FLR(M) application draws close (2 weeks away), I want to make sure that every little detail is in order. I had requested for a letter from my employer confirming employment, I wanted them to state that I work as a flexible worker (i.e. Agency/Temporary employment), that I work only night shifts and that my hourly rate is £11.05. But today I received the attached letter which failed to state what I had asked for.

Could some moderators kindly reassure me that this letter is adequate. I would also get my payslips stamped by my employer next week. This has already been arranged. On average, my wage over the last 6 months was £1,800 before tax.

Thanks!
Attachments
letter2.jpg
letter2.jpg (67.32 KiB) Viewed 1001 times

Rayking

Re: Employer's letter

Post by Rayking » Thu May 01, 2014 2:54 am

My advice is for you to get another letter before you apply,these things are none negotiable. Employment letter(s)who issued the pay slips (must show all of the following):
*employment and gross annual salary,
*length of employment,
*period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application,
*employment type (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu May 01, 2014 10:03 am

As Rayking has stated the letter must include those particular points.

julian1972

Post by julian1972 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:37 am

The letter did show the the name and address of the employer at the top, it was typed on the employer's letter head. I had left that bit out for privacy.

It's not a permanent job, but an Agency which is same as a Flexible Worker. As I am paid on a weekly basis depending on how many hours I work, there's no fixed salary. So that could not have been stated on the letter.

More comments would be appreciated.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu May 01, 2014 2:18 pm

I bet you don't wanna try this ppl? Get your pay slips for the past 6 months, add it up and take everything to your employer. It doesn't matter if you work permanent, or agency,night or day.
Read about someone below your message, he was refused for not supplying this.pls I'm begging you,do not submit without getting this sorted.it's just an advice though.
You can also show your employer the home office requirements, it's not a rocket science to write the letter and don't be bullied,you have a right to request for one if you need it.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu May 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Use the calculation for non salaried income....

julian1972

Post by julian1972 » Fri May 02, 2014 4:18 pm

I've emailed employer (everything is done via email) to include in the letter the amount I earned in the last 6 months. My employment is non-salaried. And to also include that my employment is Agency.

Let see what response I would get!

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri May 02, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi,
It seems you're not getting my point, when I said,add up I thought you understood the calculation,why don't you just read through this forum first,it will help a lot.
There's a calculation on how to go about it,which must be followed to the letter.
As you're in non salaried employment,you can use cat A,for cat A,that will be your gross earning for 6 months divided by 6 multiplied by 12=your gross annual income.
Hope someone can shed more light on this,I'm no expert on here,just my little contribution I learnt on the forum,but you need to get ALL right b4 you apply Ok.

julian1972

Post by julian1972 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:35 pm

Rayking wrote:Hi,
It seems you're not getting my point, when I said,add up I thought you understood the calculation,why don't you just read through this forum first,it will help a lot.
There's a calculation on how to go about it,which must be followed to the letter.
As you're in non salaried employment,you can use cat A,for cat A,that will be your gross earning for 6 months divided by 6 multiplied by 12=your gross annual income.
Hope someone can shed more light on this,I'm no expert on here,just my little contribution I learnt on the forum,but you need to get ALL right b4 you apply Ok.
Thanks for your concern, I understood your point very well. I've added my weekly earnings together over the past six months (i.e. 26 pay slips) and it came to £11,756.62. In fact to make it clearer I also had to prepare another computation sheet showing it in a monthly format (that's what I earned each month).

It is these computation sheets I've emailed to my employer to see how I arrived at the £11,756.62 figure given above. As a non-salaried applicant, I will also be enclosing these sheets with my application so that the caseworker would know that I am applying under category A in a non-salaried employment category. When £11,756 is dived by 6, and multiplied by 12, it gives £23,513.24. I shall be relying upon £23,513.24 to meet the financial requirement.

Every other area of the immigration rule has been met, just the employer's letter left. I've another 2 weeks before I submit the application and I hope this should be sorted before then. And also my current visa does not run out until November 2015 (I am switching into the 5-year route from the 10-year route).

I appreciate your comments enormously.

julian1972

Post by julian1972 » Sun May 04, 2014 8:15 pm

Hi Amber, can I please personally ask for your opinion on my posts above.

Are caseworkers allowed to exercise some flexibility if all other evidence such as pay slips and bank statements points to the fact that an applicant has earned the required income and it is reflected in the bank statements but the employer's letter did not state how much the applicant has earned or relying upon for the application?

Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 04, 2014 9:31 pm

Evidential flexibility to a certain degree. However, Appendix FM-SE is quite clear about what's required. They may ring the employers and ask but you can never be certain.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

julian1972

Post by julian1972 » Mon May 05, 2014 2:23 am

Thanks, I'll pester my employer this week to make sure they rewrite the letter to include those specific information required.

julian1972

Post by julian1972 » Fri May 16, 2014 7:39 am

Update:

I've now received an updated employer's letter which is in the right format and confirms:

(a) The date my employment began - which was on 12/09/2013
(b) That I provide short term temporary cover for NHS Trusts as and when necessary
(c) My designation
(d) My 6 months gross earnings covering period 01/11/2013 - 02/05/2014. The gross earning as a non-salaried worker was £11,756.62.

The pay slips have been stamped, signed and dated.

The application will go out next week.

Thanks guys!

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri May 16, 2014 9:13 am

Good luck!

julian1972

Post by julian1972 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:56 pm

Thanks dude.