ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years ILR break in long residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chaudhry777
Newly Registered

10 years ILR break in long residence

Post by chaudhry777 » Thu May 01, 2014 5:03 pm

My 1o years in Uk will be completed in the first week of august 2014 . I am planning to apply for ILR but I have one gap in between one of my visa extension. I will summarize the events as following
  • applied for T4 visa 26th Jan 2012(current leave was expiring on 28th Jan)
    received acknowledgement 09 Feb 2012
    22nd Feb received letter from HO that they are returning back my application fee
    called HO and they informed that my application outcome and supporting documents has been posted and advised to contact royal mail with a tracking number
    royal mail confirmed that the documents has been lost
    after effort of 03 months on 24th May 2012 HO send me letter that due to administrative mistake they posted my documents on wrong address and send me copy of outcome of my visa application which was " invalid application due to invalid photos"
    HO advise me to apply for new passport and then I can apply for visa as " fresh application"
    Applied again for T4 visa on 05th July 2012
    visa granted on 26th August 2012
Is this gap will affect my ILR application ?

Currently I applied for T1 Entrepreneur Visa and my application is pending

my wife is in Uk on dependent visa since july 2009
my son born in UK May 2010

can my wife apply for ILR at the same time ?

all of you advise me please ?