ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Ancestry visa - extension: finances

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ginger_ninja
Newly Registered

UK Ancestry visa - extension: finances

Post by ginger_ninja » Thu May 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi there
I am a bit confused about proving ones finances when applying to renew/extend a Ancestry visa. I am Australian and have been in the UK just under 5 years which is why I am not applying for ILR. I was under the impression you needed to provide EITHER payslips OR bank statements to show your financial situation (this is what it says ont he form). But when I phoned UKBA they said you need to provide both. Does anyone know if this is the case?
I know when you apply for the visa in the first place, they want to see you have enough money to support yourself whilst getting settled in the UK. I have a place to live and decent salary (£33k) but I don't have much money in the bank (£1000 at the most). Does anyone know if you need to have a certain amount of cash in the bank when renewing/extending a visa? or are payslips enough?
thanks!! (needless to say I have left this very late and am now panicking!)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Ancestry visa - extension: finances

Post by Amber » Thu May 01, 2014 5:52 pm

You have to show adequate maintenance, supply 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements and there shouldn't be an issue.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ginger_ninja
Newly Registered

Post by ginger_ninja » Thu May 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Thanks amber!!
Do you know if I have to have a certain amount of money in my account of just bank statements to show my salary going into my account?

ginger_ninja
Newly Registered

Post by ginger_ninja » Thu May 01, 2014 9:51 pm

*or

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Just salary.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ginger_ninja
Newly Registered

Post by ginger_ninja » Thu May 01, 2014 10:04 pm

Brilliant, thank you