ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Settlement Visa 2 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

solospy
Member of Standing

Spouse Settlement Visa 2 years

Post by solospy » Fri May 02, 2014 9:05 am

Hi All,

My wife came in this country as a spouse of a british national on 1st Dec 2012. She applied before July 2012 (before 5 year rule change). So she is eligible to apply for ILR on/after 1st Dec 2014. I have 2 questions:

1. Can i take an appointment for ILR for her on 1st Dec 2014 considering she
landed on 1st Dec 2012 ?
2. Can she be added as a director of a limited company to receive dividends ?

Grateful if any body can answer these 2 questions.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Settlement Visa 2 years

Post by Casa » Fri May 02, 2014 12:43 pm

Your wife will qualify to apply for ILR 28 days before the 1st December 2014. Appointment slots are released onto the booking system 42 days in advance. There's no exclusion for her having directorship.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.