ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quebec Supporting docs for selection certificate

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aziznurani
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Quebec Supporting docs for selection certificate

Post by aziznurani » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:40 pm

hi,

Can someone please explain what if we don't have a birth certificate for main applicant as well spouse. Can we submit school leaving certificate? They ask passport copies and still ask for birth certificate :( Cant go hospital where I was born 32 years ago in India.. Another question I have is for IELTS, do we have to submit this report or having done Master degree in US and living in the UK for 3 years will wave this off.

Please help..

Aziz

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:12 pm

If you don't have birth certificate, but have passport and school leaving certificate, you can go to a solicitor and make an affidavit based on date of birth in passport and school leaving certi. Make sure the affidavit contains you date of birth, day of birth, place of birth, country of birth, father and mother name and any other details you country's birth certificate contains.

Regarding IELTS, don't know about current rules, but when I applied about 4 years back, I didn't take one. Read the current guidance on how to prove English Proficiency. I just wrote a covering letter explaining my schooling, university and masters in English, day to day work correspondence in English etc. Add some certificates, employer's letters etc as evidence.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

aziznurani
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by aziznurani » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:26 pm

neoseal wrote:If you don't have birth certificate, but have passport and school leaving certificate, you can go to a solicitor and make an affidavit based on date of birth in passport and school leaving certi. Make sure the affidavit contains you date of birth, day of birth, place of birth, country of birth, father and mother name and any other details you country's birth certificate contains.

Regarding IELTS, don't know about current rules, but when I applied about 4 years back, I didn't take one. Read the current guidance on how to prove English Proficiency. I just wrote a covering letter explaining my schooling, university and masters in English, day to day work correspondence in English etc. Add some certificates, employer's letters etc as evidence.

Hope this helps.
[/quote]

thanks indeed

Sandynar
Newly Registered
India

Re: Quebec Supporting docs for selection certificate

Post by Sandynar » Fri May 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi
We have started the Quebec application last month. Now we are collecting documents. We hold indian passports and live in the UK and have all the documents they asked for. My question is: they said they needed certified true copies of the documents what do u mean by that ? and when i called the consulate here in birmingham they said i need to send all the originals to Ministry of external affairs in New Delhi get it attested there and only then they will get attested here in UK. Do we really have to do that or is there any other option?
what process did u follow?