ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are we eligible to take up any contract offer?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

madhusudana
Newly Registered

Are we eligible to take up any contract offer?

Post by madhusudana » Fri May 02, 2014 11:07 am

Hi,

If i were to secure a Tier 2 General Visa through one of the many Tier 2 sponsors, am i eligible to work for any contract that is available in the market for my skill?
I am currently getting many interview calls but post the interview when they ask about my visa status they are apprehensive about offering contract considering Tier 2 General visa.
Can someone please clarify if it is legal to work for any contract under Tier 2 general visa.

uk121
Newly Registered

Re: Are we eligible to take up any contract offer?

Post by uk121 » Fri May 02, 2014 12:08 pm

its quite tricky!

Legal - You find a job and the contract is signed between the client and your sponsor
Illegal - You find a job and the contract is signed between your sponsor and the employment agency (9 out of 10 contract jobs are handled via employment agency). In this scenario, the end client will not be in picture, this is against the UKBA tier2 guidance, as they expect your sponsor to manage the roles & responsibilities etc directly with the end client. However, there are so many people work via employment agencies.

You need to try hard to find a direct client contract to be inline with law...!

madhusudana
Newly Registered

Post by madhusudana » Fri May 02, 2014 2:09 pm

Many Thanks for your response. Its clear now.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri May 02, 2014 6:54 pm

see also the rules about supplementary employment, para 209:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Sat May 03, 2014 8:12 pm

To add to the uk121's excellent answer, there is usually additional paperwork that the sponsor will require you and the client to sign, to make it look more like a proper service delivery rather than umbrella, and the client must be aware that UKBA can visit them on-site to check that up. This does not make things easier for you, but the sponsors who don't do that run much higher risk of having their license revoked.