ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cant find the right form for name change

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

justdopposite

cant find the right form for name change

Post by justdopposite » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 pm

Hi there

Im on tier 2 general and my spouse here with me

She has just changed her surname following our marriage and now has a new passport with the new surname.

pls could you let me know which form to use to apply for new BRP for her ? As i cant find/decide the right one to use.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: cant find the right form for name change

Post by manci » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:24 am

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi Manci

Thanks and apologies for the late reply.

I looked at page 7 on the link you provided and it says:
If you change any personal details listed above or any details shown on your biometric residence permit, you must apply for a new permit within three months using application form BRP (RC)
So I looked at the BRP RC webpage and it specifically says, to report change of name following marriage... form NTL or TOC must be used. see link below

https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances ... have-a-brp

So i looked at the guidance for TOC (Transfer of Conditions) form and it seems to be about transferring visa to new passport ?! it also says:
In accordance with paragraph 34 of the Immigration Rules, this form is a specified form for the purpose of the Immigration Rules as of 6 April 2014 and must be used for all applications made on or after that date for the purposes stated on this page.

Is TOC form the right one to use for Tier 2 dependant, change of name ? Or should I be using the BRP RC form ? ( BRP prior to name change, was issued last year)

Please help me find the form as I'm totally confused which form to use for my spouse who is Tier 2 (general) dependant. All I want is the form to fill in to apply for a new/replacement BRP, so that the full name on her new BRP would be consistent with her fullname on her new Indian passport.

rahul656
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rahul656 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:40 pm

Yed TOC form seems to be correct one. I have applied name chnge for my wife through TOC form last week. I jave got the acknoledgement for the reciept of the application. Will keep you updated on my application..

ritesh0110
Newly Registered

Post by ritesh0110 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:14 pm

Hello Rahul..
Can You please update on the status of the application.. How much did you paid for that ..£38 or £107?

Many Thanks