ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family permit where do i begin?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yk910
Newly Registered

Family permit where do i begin?

Post by yk910 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Dear Forum Members,

I would need your advise on how and where to start with getting a UK family permit. I am non eu national (indian) living in the UK for the last 3 years on T2ICT long term visa valid until 2016. I got married to my Swiss husband last week in switzerland. We have translated the wedding documents in english today.

We have decided to live in the UK and I wanted to know what do i have to do to become his dependent here in the UK? My husband is not working at the moment but we both have sufficient funds. Can you please tell me what is the exact name of the permit i need to apply ?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Thanks,

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Family permit where do i begin?

Post by chaoclive » Fri May 02, 2014 5:32 pm

You will not be able to apply for an EEA family permit. This is applied for outside the UK and is only an entry permit.

You should be applying for the EEA2 (Residence Card for Non-EEA citizens). However, please remember that your husband should have comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI) if he is not working and is relying on his own savings (which will also need to be evidenced).

More info here:
[Guidance]: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ideeea.pdf
[Form]: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

yk910
Newly Registered

Re: Family permit where do i begin?

Post by yk910 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:25 pm

thanks a lot chaoclive, highly appreciated