ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Mauritian spouse - Where should she apply & ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SidB

Visa for Mauritian spouse - Where should she apply & ILR

Post by SidB » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:21 pm

Hi,

I am a HSMP visa holder and have been working in the UK for 4 years on a combination of WP/HSMP. I am an Indian national and am due to marry a mauritian national at the start of next year.

Given that my fiance will be in India as a tourist at the time of the marriage, I don't think the British High Commission will entertain here there. I have the following questions and will be grateful if you can help me out with it:

1. When my wife applies for a visa at the british high commission in Mauritius, do I have to be present in person or is it enough for her to have my papers to apply for a spouse visa? I have good documentation around salaries, pay slips, tax slips etc.

2. I am currently in UK and she is in Mauritius (she also worked here for 4 years before she left for Mauritius for good). What sort of documents do we need to give for proving our marriage? I was intending to give engagement & wedding photos, a marriage certificate from an indian court. Is that sufficient?

3. I am due for ILR in May next year. Will I be able to apply for wife's ILR straight away or does she have to wait for a minimum amount of time before she is eligible?

4. Are there any other things I need to be aware of from your experiences?

I'll be grateful if you can help answer these.

Many thanks.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:41 am

Using your own numbering to answer:-

1) No, you don't have to be present for her dependant visa application.

2) Just search the board for other spouse visa applications and prepare the application accordingly.

3) There is no minimum waiting period and she can obtain the ILR along with you, provided

4) she passes the Life in UK exam.
Jabi

SidB

Post by SidB » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:29 am

Docterror wrote:Using your own numbering to answer:-

1) No, you don't have to be present for her dependant visa application.

2) Just search the board for other spouse visa applications and prepare the application accordingly.

3) There is no minimum waiting period and she can obtain the ILR along with you, provided

4) she passes the Life in UK exam.
Thanks for your reply - this is very helpful.

I read the sticky on preparing the visa application. The reason I asked the question was because some threads say that you need to give proof of a relationship - things like e-mails, letters etc. Does that apply on when you are married a british citizen or would my spouse also have to attach all of that?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:47 am

It is a good idea to provide some proof, especially on the initial application from Mauritius.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SidB

Post by SidB » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:15 pm

VictoriaS wrote:It is a good idea to provide some proof, especially on the initial application from Mauritius.

Victoria
Thanks a lot for the prompt response. Appreciate it.

Are you an immigration consultant as well? If so, please drop me a PM as I intend to apply for ILR next year and may go through an immigration company. It will be good to have your contact for it.