ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General issued Wife already in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Joelm2400
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General issued Wife already in UK

Post by Joelm2400 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:14 pm

I was just granted a Tier 2 General visa and will be entering the UK in a few days. My wife (a British Citizen) is already in the UK visiting family. I just have a few fairly simple questions.

1) What should I expect when entering the country? Specifically will it take longer than the normal waiting in line with additional questioning, or is everything already taken care of?

2) On my application I mentioned that my British wife will be moving with me. Obviously since she is already a citizen she did not need a visa to enter the country. Will I have any problems due to the fact that she is already in the country? Should I just not mention my wife at all?

3) I don't have a definite start date with my employer yet (though it will likely be May 12th). Will this cause any problems?

Here in the USA when a visa holder is entering the country for the first time, it can take HOURS doing paper work, and sometimes there is additional questioning. I just want to be prepared and make the long day as easy as possible.