ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student gap year

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Geeth08

Student gap year

Post by Geeth08 » Fri May 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi I came 2009 dec for level 4/5 and renew my visa in 2011 for level 6 in a rated college but visa got refused the. Appeal and got back visa in level 6 in HTC 2013. Now I have completed level 6 but for this dec I'm completing 5years in UK. DOES THAT TWO YEARS WILL COUNT OR I GOT MORE TWO YEARS IN TIER 4

Any Guru advise please.....

imranahmed3651
Newly Registered

ILR gap for 3 months

Post by imranahmed3651 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:40 am

Hi All,
I have been reading and find helpful this forum.

My story is bit complicate please help me if you know about similar case as mine.

1) I am living UK from 0ct 2004 and have been on student visa and PSW. Currently I am on student visa and visa will expire in June 2014. Can I apply for ILR ? As I got 3 months and 11 days short to complete my ten years .
IF YES then which form to apply.
IF NOT then what you advise me to apply for .

2) My wife joined me Sep 2011 and she joined me as a PSW dependent and later in March 2012 she got student dependent Visa with me and will also expire same as me June 2014. Can my wife apply with me on ILR as she has been living in UK almost 2years & 10 months AND she got extension before 9 JUly 2012 so I think she fulfill the 2 year requirement

IF YES She qualify for ILR then please advise me which form to submit.

IF NOT then please advise me which form I can submit together with my ILR application.

3) My daughter born in March 2014 , which form i need to apply or shall i wait till i get ILR then get her British passport.

Please advise me and I am request all people who knows about similar situation.

Many Thanks

Imran

passion5

Re: Student gap year

Post by passion5 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:02 am

brother take a new course and get ur visa on window not by post,,spend some extra money and complete ur 10 years. work out this from today ,,get a new course different from other and apply on window, do not take any chance ,,keep in mind according to the new rules u can stay 5 years as a student in UK but the new course must be a research level course,

Geeth08

Re: Student gap year

Post by Geeth08 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:19 am

Dear passion5,
Thanks for your comment but when ask agents and solicitors they told that I can stay two years more on tier4. In that case is it ok if I apply for MBA in level 7,
Please correct me if I'm wrong coz can't trust agents and solicitors these days.