ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nutralization application (driving offences)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imranbutt
Newly Registered

Nutralization application (driving offences)

Post by imranbutt » Fri May 02, 2014 8:53 pm

hi, good afternoon i was on ILR, and apply for nutralization on 10/04/2014, today 01/05/2014 i failed to stop on red traffic light twice,by mistake, i might get 6 points or cancellation of my driving licence because i passed a only months ago, is this a criminal offence or not? is this can create any problem to my nutralization application or not?
2. if not can i apply latter on for passport or i need to wait for passport, uiif i need to wait to apply for passport how long it will be, plz guide i am so worried.
regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Nutralization application (driving offences)

Post by Amber » Fri May 02, 2014 9:24 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:45 pm

imranbutt wrote:hi, good afternoon i was on ILR, and apply for nutralization on 10/04/2014, today 01/05/2014 i failed to stop on red traffic light twice,by mistake, i might get 6 points or cancellation of my driving licence because i passed a only months ago, is this a criminal offence or not? is this can create any problem to my nutralization application or not?
2. if not can i apply latter on for passport or i need to wait for passport, uiif i need to wait to apply for passport how long it will be, plz guide i am so worried.
regards
the fact is if you have being caught its an offence. "mistake" and "twice" is not an excuse!. also if you just passed is also not an excuse !.

have u received any documentation from law enforcement authority ?
if so you should disclose it.

it will be up to Home office to decide on this but dont think they will not find out.

What checks are made by the HO (non criminal)?

Credit checks are not carried out for the purpose of assessing good character but the Home Office will check an applicant’s financial background with the police and other government departments. For example, checks will be conducted to ascertain if the applicant has paid income tax, National Insurance contributions, Council Tax and whether they have any civil penalties or judgements.

I think there should be a sticky here for people to drive carefully. so many people I have seen here ruining their future prospects just because of silly offences.
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Kust84
Newly Registered

Post by Kust84 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:47 pm

how do you know that you been caught ? the police stop you? did you see any flash camera behind you ?

imranbutt
Newly Registered

Post by imranbutt » Fri May 02, 2014 10:04 pm

thanks for reply, it just happens yesterday, there was no flash lights, infect i think there is no yellow box cameras, i i know for sure that there is cctv cameras, because it mentioned that traffic enforcement camera are working in this areas, my application date is 10/3/14, i pray God that it should be clear up to know, but i did not get any reply yet, i read on net that i will get letter from traffic control agencies with in 14 days, do my criminal record will start from the day 01/05/2014 or it will start when they send me letter.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri May 02, 2014 10:07 pm

You need to wait to see if you are send a FPN or NIP rather than jumping to conclusions.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

imranbutt
Newly Registered

Post by imranbutt » Fri May 02, 2014 10:21 pm

thanks for reply, but it mean
1. if i got 3 penalty points plus fine do i need to notify the home office or not?
2. if yes i will be refused?
3. and whats about my Mrs?
4. i am the main applicant if main applicant get refusal then Mrs will get refused too or not?
5. if i get lucky and get nutralization before this happens, can i apply for passport or need to wait 3 years for 3 or more points?

imranbutt
Newly Registered

Post by imranbutt » Sat May 03, 2014 8:20 am

PLEASE REPLY/HELP ME TO FIND OUT ABOUT THESE QUESTIONS.
thanks for reply, but it mean
1. if i got 3 penalty points plus fine do i need to notify the home office or not?
2. if yes i will be refused?
3. and whats about my Mrs?
4. i am the main applicant if main applicant get refusal then Mrs will get refused too or not?
5. if i get lucky and get nutralization before this happens, can i apply for passport or need to wait 3 years for 3 or more points?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 03, 2014 11:59 am

Stop getting excited over this, you need to wait and see the outcome before hypothesising, your questions can be answered if you read the FAQ.

imranbutt
Newly Registered

Post by imranbutt » Sat May 03, 2014 1:51 pm

last question plz
i i had been caught to not to stop on red light, on 1/5/13,
1. is it will start showing in my criminal record from same day like 01/5/14
2. or it will show on the date they send me NIP.
3. or my offence will start showing on my criminal record on the day i accept that i did it?
plz reply as i already applied for nutralization on 10/3/14 and i m waiting for approval, u can understand my worries.