ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: I need help for my naturalisation process....

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kevin2222
Newly Registered

Urgent: I need help for my naturalisation process....

Post by Kevin2222 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:17 am

Hello friends I entered in UK as an EEA citizen in mid 2006 and started my job in Sep 2006, on and off I keep visiting my native country but not more then Six months.

But from 2008 I got heart problem and then I spent more then six months twice (including 1 year ). After that I was on job seekers on and off but not more then 6 month continues period. I applied for Document Certifying Permanent Residence in 2014, with the evidences of medical certificates, UK hospital letters of my heart surgery and bank statements from 2006. I got my doc cer per resi card last month and now some of my friends advised me to apply for naturalisation as I am already qualified on the basis of exercising treaty rights from 2006. I have Bank statement, tax form from employer, letter from employer (2006)

Please advise me, can I go for naturalisation immediately or I have to wait for one year more. I don't wanna wait for one year more :-)

NJW
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent: I need help for my naturalisation process....

Post by NJW » Sat May 03, 2014 12:37 pm

As an EEA national you basically need to:

1) Have lived in the UK for at least 5 years.
2) Have held Permanent Residence in the UK for at least 1 year (As an EEA national you would have gained PR automatically after living in the UK for 5 years, even if you didn't apply for it).
3) During the last 5 years have spent a maximum of 450 days out of the UK, with no more than 90 days in the final year. (These periods can be extended in certain circumstances, see requirement booklet on the page linked to below.)
4) Satisfied the life and language in the UK requirement.
5) Be of sound mind and good character.

For more details of the requirements, see https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an

Kevin2222
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin2222 » Sat May 03, 2014 1:48 pm

NJW wrote:As an EEA national you basically need to:

2) Have held Permanent Residence in the UK for at least 1 year (As an EEA national you would have gained PR automatically after living in the UK for 5 years, even if you didn't apply for it).
3) During the last 5 years have spent a maximum of 450 days out of the UK, with no more than 90 days in the final year. (These periods can be extended in certain circumstances, see requirement booklet on the page linked to below.)

For more details of the requirements, see https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an
I already fulfilled the absences clause as they issued me a permanent residence doc on special circumstances ( medical grounds). My question is same , can I apply for naturalisation now after getting my permanent residence doc last month. I am already exercising treaty rights from 2006.

Kevin2222
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin2222 » Sat May 03, 2014 4:02 pm

I already got English and Life in UK qualifications.....

badratio

Post by badratio » Sat May 03, 2014 5:35 pm

You CAN apply now but you can't use your PR card to fulfill residence requirement. You'll have to send all the documents you've had sent to get your PR AGAIN.

But if you wait for another year you can apply using your PR card for a proof of residence.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

Kevin2222
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin2222 » Sat May 03, 2014 5:44 pm

badratio wrote:You CAN apply now but you can't use your PR card to fulfill residence requirement. You'll have to send all the documents you've had sent to get your PR AGAIN.

But if you wait for another year you can apply using your PR card for a proof of residence.
So if I send all the documents along with PR card as well, is there any problem in this or there is a chance of refusal on the basis of PR card ( newly issued ). Or they consider my documents and PR card at a time.

badratio

Post by badratio » Sat May 03, 2014 11:19 pm

No point of sending your PR card at all as you haven't had it for 1 year. You'll have to send everything but your PR card.

I'm in the same pickle at the moment. Got my PR a few months ago so I'm just waiting now...
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

Kevin2222
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin2222 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:40 am

badratio wrote:No point of sending your PR card at all as you haven't had it for 1 year. You'll have to send everything but your PR card.

I'm in the same pickle at the moment. Got my PR a few months ago so I'm just waiting now...
Thank u all friends....! Another question.....I submitted medical certificates covering my long absences & they accepted it and issued me a PR card. And for my naturalisation, I am now sending them all previous submitted documents including same medical certificates and letters from doctors in UK covering my all previous absences in the last five years again. Do they revise all the procedure or they will just check my previous approval and consider it again.

Kevin2222
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin2222 » Mon May 05, 2014 6:16 am

Kevin2222 wrote:
NJW wrote:As an EEA national you basically need to:

I already fulfilled the absences clause as they issued me a permanent residence doc on special circumstances ( medical grounds). My question is same , can I apply for naturalisation now after getting my permanent residence doc last month. I am already exercising treaty rights from 2006.
Clause 3 of absences is for other nationals ( not more then 90 days in the final year). But for EEA citizens it is not more then 180 days in any one of the last five years of residency. Please check it in EEA citizen area on page 9 of the booklet (AN)...

Please check again and confirm......

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon May 05, 2014 8:11 am

The 180 days for EEA nationals is to obtain PR status (which is needed for naturalisation). However, for naturalisation there is one rule for all nationals (450 days, 90 days etc).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Kevin2222
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin2222 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:42 am

Jambo wrote:The 180 days for EEA nationals is to obtain PR status (which is needed for naturalisation). However, for naturalisation there is one rule for all nationals (450 days, 90 days etc).
I am quoting the booklet for AN forms and not EEA3. Check page No.10 of Booklet (AN) which clearly mentioned that absences should not be six month or more in any of the five year period.