ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form application- Specific questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raja1082k1

MN1 Form application- Specific questions

Post by raja1082k1 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi

Please see my immigration status below:

Old Status: Tier-1(G) valid until 24.04.2014(same for my wife and UK born daughter) on Indian passports

New Status: ILR approved on 14.04.2014(same for wife, did not apply ILR for daughter)

Now my questions are:

1. As my daughter's PBS dependant visa has expired on 24.04.2014 and I am yet to apply for her naturalisation, I hope there is no immigration status issue for her as she is born here and both me & wife got the ILR 10 days prior to her dependant visa expiry??

2. Do I really need to go through Nationality Checking Service(NCS) or I can apply directly by post? Does it really help in expediting the application process? If yes, what shall I tell them if they say my daughter's visa has expired on 24.04.2014 and they may not agree to process it(in case my daughter's immigration status is really an issue)?

3. Questions specific to MN1 Form:

a) Sec 1.2: UK Border Agency Reference Number.

Do I need to mention my daughter's pbs dependant application's home office reference number or can I keep it blank?

b) Sec 1.39: Date of parent's marriage or civil partnership(if applicable)

Do I really need to mention date of marriage as both of our(self & wife) passports have each other's name mentioned in the spouse category? If yes, then do I need to send original or just a copy of marriage certificate?

c) Sec 2.1: If a child is resident in the UK or a British overseas territory, please give date and place of first arrival.

As my daughter is born here in UK, shall I leave it blank? If not, then what details I need to give for 'Date' & 'Place'?

d) Sec 5: Referees and Identity

Is it ok to provide references of my friend and colleague, both British passport holders(Indian origin with British naturalization)?
Both have mentioned professions as 'Computer Engineer'.

Note: My daughter's application is applicable under SECTION 1(3).

e) Section 7: Declaration

Do I need to check the boxes for sub-sections 7.6, 7.8 & 7.9 as I am not sure whether it is applicable for me?

I would appreciate the help if my questions are answered at the earliest as I am planning to send the form by post on 6th May.

zeusmagnanimous

Re: MN1 Form application- Specific questions

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Fri May 02, 2014 10:31 pm

raja1082k1 wrote:Hi

Old Status: Tier-1(G) valid until 24.04.2014(same for my wife and UK born daughter) on Indian passports

New Status: ILR approved on 14.04.2014(same for wife, did not apply ILR for daughter)

Now my questions are:

1. As my daughter's PBS dependant visa has expired on 24.04.2014 and I am yet to apply for her naturalisation, I hope there is no immigration status issue for her as she is born here and both me & wife got the ILR 10 days prior to her dependant visa expiry??
Immigration status is not an issue as she is "entitled" for BC

2. Do I really need to go through Nationality Checking Service(NCS) or I can apply directly by post? Does it really help in expediting the application process? If yes, what shall I tell them if they say my daughter's visa has expired on 24.04.2014 and they may not agree to process it(in case my daughter's immigration status is really an issue)?
The only advantage of using NCS is that you wont have to send the originals. NCS will not ask about her immigration status (personal experience). Even if they do ask them to send it anyway they wont refuse.

Do I need to mention my daughter's pbs dependant application's home office reference number or can I keep it blank?
leave blank

Do I really need to mention date of marriage as both of our(self & wife) passports have each other's name mentioned in the spouse category? If yes, then do I need to send original or just a copy of marriage certificate?
Do mentione the correct date. I would advice to send it if it is required.

c) Sec 2.1: If a child is resident in the UK or a British overseas territory, please give date and place of first arrival.

As my daughter is born here in UK, shall I leave it blank? If not, then what details I need to give for 'Date' & 'Place'?
Leave Blank

Is it ok to provide references of my friend and colleague, both British passport holders(Indian origin with British naturalization)?
You need to read the form more carefully mate. If memory serves right one of the persons has to be a professional who should know your daughter in a professional capacity. Secondly a computer engineer is not on the list of accepted professions anyway so try to find someone else.

Do I need to check the boxes for sub-sections 7.6, 7.8 & 7.9 as I am not sure whether it is applicable for me?

I would appreciate the help if my questions are answered at the earliest as I am planning to send the form by post on 6th May.

Do read the FAQs on the forum and read the application guide carefully.

raja1082k1

Post by raja1082k1 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:44 pm

zeusmagnanimous wrote:

Now my questions are:

The only advantage of using NCS is that you wont have to send the originals. NCS will not ask about her immigration status (personal experience). Even if they do ask them to send it anyway they wont refuse.

leave blank

Leave Blank

You need to read the form more carefully mate. If memory serves right one of the persons has to be a professional who should know your daughter in a professional capacity. Secondly a computer engineer is not on the list of accepted professions anyway so try to find someone else.

Thanks zeusmagnanimous.

For Q 2, if I decide not to use NCS and send the application by post, do I need to send original passport & ILR BRP cards of both self and wife? I have seen in the discussion board that quite a few ppl had sent copies of passport & BRP card of self & spouse for their child's application. If I can send the copies then do I need to copy each of the pages in the passport(s) where visa/entry/exit stampings done or the copies of 1st & last page of the passport will do?

Note: I would be sending original passport & BRP of my daughter.

Regarding Q 3c, do I need to send the original marriage certificate or a copy of the same will do?

Regarding Q 3d, my daughter is still under 2 years of age and the local GP or health visitor did not agree to be referees, so used my colleague & friend's references. Both of them are Engineers(Computer Engineers) and I think they are qualified as "Engineer(with professional qualification)" in the list of acceptable professional person. Also I have seen in quite a few posts that home office are not very strict for the applications under Section 1(3). Please confirm if this is ok.

Thanks

raja1082k1

Post by raja1082k1 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:17 am

raja1082k1 wrote:
zeusmagnanimous wrote:

Now my questions are:

leave blank

Leave Blank

Thanks zeusmagnanimous.

For Q 2, if I decide not to use NCS and send the application by post, do I need to send original passport & ILR BRP cards of both self and wife? I have seen in the discussion board that quite a few ppl had sent copies of passport & BRP card of self & spouse for their child's application. If I can send the copies then do I need to copy each of the pages in the passport(s) where visa/entry/exit stampings done or the copies of 1st & last page of the passport will do?

Note: I would be sending original passport & BRP of my daughter.

Regarding Q 3c, do I need to send the original marriage certificate or a copy of the same will do?

Regarding Q 3d, my daughter is still under 2 years of age and the local GP or health visitor did not agree to be referees, so used my colleague & friend's references. Both of them are Engineers(Computer Engineers) and I think they are qualified as "Engineer(with professional qualification)" in the list of acceptable professional person. Also I have seen in quite a few posts that home office are not very strict for the applications under Section 1(3). Please confirm if this is ok.

Thanks

Can I request the moderators to reply my last post please? I will really appreciate the help.

Thanks