ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse NCS same days as Citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xeel

Spouse NCS same days as Citizenship ceremony

Post by xeel » Sat May 03, 2014 10:22 pm

Friends,

I have my citizenship ceremony on 19th of May (in the morning). I am planning to book my wife's NCS appointment for naturalization under the 3 years residence requirements on the same day.

My plan is I
  • get the certificate from the ceremony (which I am assuming you are provided after the ceremony),
    add the details to my wife's application and send it through NCS, and then
    send my British Passport Application as well through Royal Mail Check and Send.

all the same day..

Lots of things in one day, just wanted advice if this will work out. Cannot really see any hiccups or issues with this, but just want to make sure I am not missing anything..

Just trying to save a day off from work!..

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse NCS same days as Citizenship ceremony

Post by milan69 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:59 pm

I guess it should be all right.
You do get the certificate straight after the ceremony and in my case the date on it was the date I was taking the ceremony.
I am sometimes wrong.

xeel

Re: Spouse NCS same days as Citizenship ceremony

Post by xeel » Sun May 04, 2014 11:25 am

Thanks Milan69. The only 'wrong' thing I can think of is I will have to get the referees and countersignatory to sign in advance and put a later date on their signatures. Actually the referees are fine, it's the counter signatory who has to affirm all the information in the passport form. Or maybe I am just over thinking it..