ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error on Nikah-nama

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haider12
Newly Registered

Error on Nikah-nama

Post by haider12 » Sun May 04, 2014 8:22 am

hello!

I got married to a British Citizen in march and since then have been trying to compile the supporting documents to apply for a spouse visa. turns out, his National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) states his Date of birth as 3rd May 1982 where as it actually is 1st May 1982 as per his birth certificates and British Passport.
The incorrect date of birth is also reflected on our nikah nama.

i was going to submit my documents anyway seeing as the error is minute but was advised against it.
the question is, would an affidavite signed by my husband stating the error and confirming his real date of birth suffice for british immigration or should we go for the long and tedious route of ammending his NICOP and subsequently the nikah-nama plus translation and registration etc.

thanks for your help

haider