ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Granted in croydon

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crazydude
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Granted in croydon

Post by crazydude » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:55 am

i had my FLR(M) granted yesterday in croydon.

my appointment was 2pm we got there 1pm, we went through the security it took about 5mins, then a woman asked which visa i would be applying, we had to wait another 10mins when we had my documments checked, he asked for application form, passport pictures, passports and civil partnership certificate then he told us to pay on first floor after that the girl gave us a number and told us to wait on second floor, it took 30mins for my number to be called, the immigration officer asked for my application form passports and civil partnership then she said i will need only your 2 last bank statements, didnt ask for wage slips, she went for 5 mins, came back and said we are giving you a visa for 2 years you should be saving evidence for your indefinite leave to remain, you passport will be ready in 2 hours.

sunnyday

Post by sunnyday » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:14 pm

Thanks for letting us know!! congrat!

mvg
Newly Registered

Post by mvg » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:02 am

Hi crazy dude,
I got my FLR M visa yesterday 25th, at 9.00am, It was really simple they asked for the same documents and I waited for about 30 mins for the decision to be made as he typed away on the computer, he said he had to have a manager sign it off and he was back and told us it would be ready in 1.5 hours we went out for breakfast and were back at around 11.00 and told it was ready as we walked in.

crazydude
Newly Registered

Post by crazydude » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:12 am

congratulations mvg...

all the hard work paid off.

sunnyday

Post by sunnyday » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:02 pm

may I ask which type of visa were you extending?

and what kind of questions do they ask at the counter?

antran
Newly Registered

Post by antran » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:55 pm

Hi, I'm looking to apply for FLR(M) soon, do i need to make a appointment over the phone or when I'm there in person? My fiance visa have been issued at the los angelas bristish consulate and will be flying back to the UK next week.

another question, i tried to extend my visitor visa earlier this year so i can stay with my with other half who is pregnant for just a little bit longer but was denied . will this affect my application for a spouse visa? we're expecting our first baby in november. I'm planning apply for a spouse visa in person, so i can find a job asap to support my wife and the baby due in november.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

FLR

Post by global gypsy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:40 pm

Can someone here clarify a point...
Is an HSMP extension done thru an FLR application? And can one do this in person at Croydon? Thanks in advance.
Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:27 pm

antran wrote:Hi, I'm looking to apply for FLR(M) soon, do i need to make a appointment over the phone or when I'm there in person?
It is best to make an appointment rather than just turn up.
antran wrote: another question, i tried to extend my visitor visa earlier this year so i can stay with my with other half who is pregnant for just a little bit longer but was denied . will this affect my application for a spouse visa? we're expecting our first baby in november. I'm planning apply for a spouse visa in person, so i can find a job asap to support my wife and the baby due in november.
If you got the fiance visa, then I would say no, there is going to be no problem.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

antran
Newly Registered

Post by antran » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:31 am

thanks for the replay, but i've another question. To register at the local registry office do i need some kind of proof to prove i'm single from the US? thanks

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:28 pm

No, although if you have been married before you will need to show the Decree Absolute.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:48 pm

VictoriaS wrote:No, although if you have been married before you will need to show the Decree Absolute.

Victoria
...Or Death Certificate, in case of a deceased partner...