ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences - please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pretzel12
Newly Registered

Absences - please help

Post by pretzel12 » Sun May 04, 2014 11:26 am

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate if someone could kindly provide advice on my situation:

I have received ILR in December 2013 after 10 years of continuous residence in UK. I intend to apply for BC within 12 months, i.e. in December, 2014. I have now been offered a job with a British organisation based in the Middle East, the employer expects me to start working at the end of June, 2014. But based on the absences rule of the BC application, I am not so sure it's feasible for me to accept the employment. From what I've been able to find in the BC application guidance notes, applicants' absences are restricted unless they are serving in the military or their job requires them to take lengthy business trips. The job offered to me is not a business trip, it's a job designed to be specifically based abroad. Is there any way around this? or should I just turn the job down?

Appreciate the advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Absences - please help

Post by Amber » Sun May 04, 2014 2:12 pm

Ask the employer to wait until such time as you can naturalise.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bobby80gh

Post by bobby80gh » Sun May 04, 2014 4:34 pm

I think you should be fine. I had a worse situation than yours but my application was approved. I will advice you to keep your accommodation in the uk and try and come to the uk every 3 months for some few days. Once you have your estate in the uk and your absence is below 180 days and you meet all the requirements you application will be approved. Please check that the company is uk registered and its not a branch of the uk registered company. If possible ask the company to offer you a fixed term contract for 2 or 3 years. I promise you that you will be fine so take the job.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sun May 04, 2014 6:22 pm

When you apply for discretion it is not guaranteed that it will be successful as it is up to the case worker to judge and decide the outcome.
I am sometimes wrong.