ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa and ILR and Spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imranahmed3651
Newly Registered

Student Visa and ILR and Spouse

Post by imranahmed3651 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:37 am

Hi All,
I have been reading and find helpful this forum.

My story is bit complicate please help me if you know about similar case as mine.

1) I am living UK from 0ct 2004 and have been on student visa and PSW. Currently I am on student visa and visa will expire in June 2014. Can I apply for ILR ? As I got 3 months and 11 days short to complete my ten years (DL) .
IF YES then which form to apply.
IF NOT then what you advise me to apply for .

2) My wife joined me Sep 2011 and she joined me as a PSW dependent and later in March 2012 she got student dependent Visa with me and will also expire same as me June 2014. Can my wife apply with me on ILR as she has been living in UK almost 2years & 10 months AND she got extension before 9 JUly 2012 so I think she fulfill the 2 year requirement

IF YES She qualify for ILR then please advise me which form to submit.

IF NOT then please advise me which form I can submit together with my ILR application.

3) My daughter born in March 2014 , which form i need to apply or shall i wait till i get ILR then get her British passport.

Please advise me and I am request all people who knows about similar situation.

Many Thanks

Imran

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Student Visa and ILR and Spouse

Post by CR001 » Sat May 03, 2014 9:33 am

You have posted in the wrong section of the forum.

You will need to apply for an extension to make up 10 years. You can't apply 3 months before you reach 10 years. Applications can only be submitted up to 28 days before you meet the residency requirements. The form to use is Set(LR).

Your wife cannot apply with you as long residency applications don't allow for dependents. She will need to apply for FLR(M) before her visa expires and needs A1 English and the is a financial requirement that has to be met. The application will reset her qualifying period for ILR and she will have to wait another 5 years. See link below and particularly the link in the last comment as rules changed in April

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 43881.html

For your daughter, once you receive your ILR, you can register the child on form MN1 under section 1(3) as she is born in the UK and is entitled to register. See children section in the link below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p592355
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imranahmed3651
Newly Registered

Re: Student Visa and ILR and Spouse

Post by imranahmed3651 » Sun May 04, 2014 11:42 am

Thank you CROO1 for taking time to write your advise . I am sorry to put request in wrong section as I am new to this board.

Q If I apply for a student visa for me and my wife . Shall I apply for daughter as a dependent with me or NOT . In your reply its look like not compulsary. What happened if they find out that I didnt apply for my daughter ??

Q While my student application is in process and when 10 years complete then Do I need to withdraw the application by writting a letter to them and submit SET (LR) for me & FLR (M) for my wife. Will it be fine. I mean my 3 months will count when I withdraw my student application.

Q Is any kind of special letter or format form I need to fill ( I hope you understand )If you have any Letter or format form please let me know (imranahmed365@yahoo.co.uk).

Q My passport is expiring in feb 2015 , in your opinion would you advise me to renew now as they may keep my passport 3 , 6 or 12 months as they take time to process ( you never know ).

Sorry for asking silly question as I want to make sure before taking any step.

God bless

Imran