ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of companies who can sponsor in Ireland?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nblaze

List of companies who can sponsor in Ireland?

Post by nblaze » Sun May 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Hello all. I'll be applying for IT jobs in the next month or so from outside of Ireland. My question is, is there a list of companies that can sponsor in Ireland? I know the UK has a list of companies that have the right to sponsor, so i was wondering if the same was true for Ireland.

I read this on the main site. "employer registered with the Companies Registration Office and the Revenue Commissioners and trading in Ireland", so how can we know who can/cannot sponsor?

Also has anyone in IT, or another profession on the shortage skill list get a visa? How difficult was it finding work from overseas??

Thanks.

nblaze

Re: List of companies who can sponsor in Ireland?

Post by nblaze » Sun May 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Also, is there a good IT job site in general? They say IT is in demand but I'm not seeing very many IT jobs posted on irish job boards, along the lines of tech support/networking/engineers, rather all web based. Any good IT job boards??

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun May 04, 2014 8:26 pm

Don't know about a list of sponsors, but the only specific IT recruitment site I've heard of is: www.computerjobs.ie, but pretty much every job site will carry jobs in IT. Depends on what is needed at the time.

Here is a list of recruitment agencies in Dublin: http://www.movetodublin.com/recruitment ... in-dublin/ You will have to go through and see which of these are interesting. Then just contact them direct.

Of course you can check the company websites directly, e.g. Google/Dell/Yahoo etc. See here for a list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... technology (not sure if it's accurate at the moment)

Jobs are also often advertised on: www.linkedin.com.

Luck of the Irish to ya!
CC

PS: Could I ask which citizenship you hold? I guess you need a visa, but you might want to consider if any of your family members have European citizenship, e.g. through a parent/grandparent. That would make things easier!

nblaze

Post by nblaze » Sun May 04, 2014 8:47 pm

Thanks for the reply Chaoclive!

I hold an American passport. I previously lived in London for the past few years but had to leave due to....good ol immigration and visas!!

Back stateside and itching to get back to Europe ASAP. My family is too many generations back for citizenship through ancestry, unfortunately.

I'm trying to go for the "Green Card" visa route, due to being an IT professional and seeing IT professionals on the shortage skills list.

I'm just trying to find out good IT job sites, and if there's a list of jobs that sponsor. It's really hard finding information on Ireland in comparison to London.

This is definitely going to be difficult, especially when I'll be applying from overseas!!

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun May 04, 2014 9:04 pm

You're right - the UK is much better organized that Ireland.

Would you be open to contacting recruiters first and then traveling over first to interview etc?

I totally know how it is with looking for work from overseas. I'm going to be returning to Ireland (well, Northern Ireland-part of the UK) in July and am having issues about how to get work from here. Not many people are into Skype interviews, unfortunately.)

Anyways,...stick at it. You never know what will come up!

All the best
C

nblaze

Post by nblaze » Sun May 04, 2014 9:18 pm

Yeah, I'm hoping I'll find a company to fly me out if I get lucky enough to get an interview!! I couldn't afford to just go back and forth for interviews all the time!!!

nblaze

Post by nblaze » Sun May 04, 2014 9:20 pm

Also what is your nationality? Are you also looking for work in Ireland? If so, I'm guessing it's a struggle!?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon May 05, 2014 12:14 am

Irish...but yes, it's still going to be a struggle!