ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting UK every two years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Michaelsteve
Newly Registered

Visiting UK every two years

Post by Michaelsteve » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Dear All

After obtaining ILR in UK i came out and currently working in Middle east to get new work experience. I got ILR in 2011 and visited london twice so far....my question is when i visit 3rd time to UK will my ILR be revoked or overide....
I wish to get minimum 4 years experience in middle east and then settle in Uk in a good job...

If anyone had this problem please do share with me.....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visiting UK every two years

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Constantly visiting the UK does not keep your ILR going. ILR is lost after 2 years.

You will need to apply for a returning resident visa if you plan to settle in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/returning-resident-visa

Why didn't you wait to gain BC before moving to the Middle East??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Michaelsteve
Newly Registered

ILR overide

Post by Michaelsteve » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:49 am

Dear All

After obtaining ILR in UK i came to Middle East to get new work experience. During this time i am planning to visit london (less than two years)...will my ILR be overide or cancelled....
After getting valid experience in middle east i am going to settle in UK.
Does anyone had this problem...please do share with me...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:39 am

Short visits to the UK won't be sufficient to retain your ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:52 am

What's your nationality? You may have lost your ILR already if you were entered by the IO as a visitor, if you are a non-visa national.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Michaelsteve
Newly Registered

Post by Michaelsteve » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:48 am

I am indian. I didnt visit london as a visitor.I am visiting there to find a suitable job with a experience which i gained in middle east.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:39 am

I believe Wanderer is highlighting the problem of staying outside of the UK for too long...where the Immigration Officer will stamp the entry as a visitor. The following is from the Immigration Rules with guidance for staff on refusing re-entry:
'For instance, a person resident overseas cannot maintain their settled status in the UK by paying short visits to the UK before resuming residence overseas. In such cases the applicant should be treated as a visitor.'
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:34 pm

Is it possible for a visa-national with ILR to be admitted as a visitor, given they'd normally have to apply for a visit visa?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:05 pm

I believe it's given as a concession at discretion to enable them to enter, but I believe on the next attempt it results in a refusal. An example of this came up recently on the forum.
(Casa, not CR001)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:19 pm

Casa wrote:I believe it's given as a concession at discretion to enable them to enter, but I believe on the next attempt it results in a refusal. An example of this came up recently on the forum.
Perhaps the OP should check his passport for stamps....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:47 pm

That would be wise. :|
(Casa, not CR001)

Michaelsteve
Newly Registered

Can i visit UK with an inteview letter

Post by Michaelsteve » Mon May 05, 2014 6:47 am

Dear All

I have ILR visa in uk and currently working in Qatar. I am trying to get a job in UK with my new experience in Middle East. Can i visit Uk if i receive interview letter from UK.

Please do share with me

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can i visit UK with an inteview letter

Post by Amber » Mon May 05, 2014 7:20 am

How long have you been out of the UK?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Michaelsteve
Newly Registered

Post by Michaelsteve » Mon May 05, 2014 7:27 am

I obtained ILR in 2011 and visited uk two times....In Uk for my job profile they are seeking minimum 3 years eperience..thats the reason i am here in middle east...

Now my question is in my 3rd visit to UK can i tell them that i am out of UK for 3 years to get work experience and show them interview letter to IO...

My 3 rd visit which is leass than 2 years ( 18 months)..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:29 am

You were already given advice about applying for a returning resident visa etc.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1027396
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon May 05, 2014 9:45 am

Stop creating new threads.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Michaelsteve
Newly Registered

Post by Michaelsteve » Wed May 07, 2014 4:51 am

Dear Amber

I am not creating threads....Its fact. I am trying to get a job in UK with good salary and settle in UK.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed May 07, 2014 8:49 am

You've misunderstood the word 'threads'. This means opening new lines of posts on the same subject. :?
(Casa, not CR001)

arts99
United Kingdom

Post by arts99 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:05 am

Casa wrote:
Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:39 am
The following is from the Immigration Rules with guidance for staff on refusing re-entry:
'For instance, a person resident overseas cannot maintain their settled status in the UK by paying short visits to the UK before resuming residence overseas. In such cases the applicant should be treated as a visitor.'
I will be grateful if you could please post a link to the guidelines that state the above. I have done some reasearch and came across this https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ctober.pdf and this https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nts-set-09 and neither seem to mention the above please.

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:25 pm

arts99 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:05 am
Casa wrote:
Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:39 am
The following is from the Immigration Rules with guidance for staff on refusing re-entry:
I will be grateful if you could please post a link to the guidelines that state the above. I have done some reasearch and came across this https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ctober.pdf and this https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nts-set-09 and neither seem to mention the above please.

Thank you
Doubtful that I can find a link that is from 2014 :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:42 pm

arts99 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:05 am

Thank you
The quote is from the 2014 version of the second link that you located. Websites tend to be rewritten and updated regularly and the relevant text may change from time to time. You can find my short analysis of the relevant Immigration Rules here. The whole thread is worth a read.

Are you an immigration law student or practitioner? Your past posts are all over the place and quite generic in nature.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

arts99
United Kingdom

Post by arts99 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Thank you Casa and secret.simon for your responses.

Does that mean that this does not apply now? 'For instance, a person resident overseas cannot maintain their settled status in the UK by paying short visits to the UK before resuming residence overseas. In such cases the applicant should be treated as a visitor.' as it is not their in the latest guideline.

I have read the link kindly shared by secret.simon however based on the current official guideline: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ctober.pdf; in my humble opinion an ILR can not be revoked on account of short visits alone.

I have a personal interest in UK immigration.

Thank you