ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kashiokinamasaka
Newly Registered

Naturalisation

Post by Kashiokinamasaka » Mon May 05, 2014 2:15 pm

Hi there,

I am in the process of filling in the AN Form. I do not have a problem if any of the fields apart from one: 1.17

The AN form requires a list of addresses that I have been residing in for the past 5 years. The problem/confusion that I have is that during the past 5 years I have been a student here in the United Kingdom (Scotland). In my case, it unfortunately meant that I moved around every year and only spent 9 months at any one home. During every summer (the other 3 months) I used to come back to London where my family lives and stay there up until the beginning of new university term, which in my case meant a new address. During my residence in Scotland I was fortunate enough to live with a British flatmate whose name was on all of our bills and so on. All of my bills (bank etc) have been assigned to my parents London address.

Apologies for a lengthy background history, now for the question: in the AN form, section 1.17 would I need to provide my student addresses for the 9 months that I stayed plus the London addresses for the 3 months? Or can I simply just fill in my parents London address since that is where my 'permanent' home was during my university time?

Now that I have typed this up it, my question sounds a bit stupid but hopefully someone will be able to help.

Thanks in advance.

SouthWest1

Re: Naturalisation

Post by SouthWest1 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Put what you remember and be honest.

try to log into Experian or another credit scoring agency, sign up for free and then you will be able to see all your previous addresses linked to any financial organisations in your credit report.
( make sure to close the account with in 30 days, so you do not get charged :D ).

badratio

Post by badratio » Mon May 05, 2014 6:38 pm

Did you have medical insurance or EHIC card issued by your country during your student years in the UK?
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

Kashiokinamasaka
Newly Registered

Post by Kashiokinamasaka » Tue May 06, 2014 8:19 am

No no I did not have any medical insurance or EHIC issued by my country of origin.

I remember all of the addresses, I just think if I start putting them all down I might get something wrong since I would have to write down around 10 addresses, not to mention the year abroad that I had to take due to my degree

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Kashiokinamasaka wrote:No no I did not have any medical insurance or EHIC issued by my country of origin.

I remember all of the addresses, I just think if I start putting them all down I might get something wrong since I would have to write down around 10 addresses, not to mention the year abroad that I had to take due to my degree
1- do you hold a European nationality?
2- a year abroad? you might not be eligible to apply now if your absence are more than 450 days in the last 5 years.

without going further, I think I answered your original question. I think asking about Insurance and absence might confuse you !!

Kashiokinamasaka
Newly Registered

Post by Kashiokinamasaka » Wed May 07, 2014 7:01 am

I do not hold a European nationality

I have not been abroad for longer than 450 days, it was only around 356 days during which i came back to London 3 time for periods of 1-2 weeks so i guess it is not even 356 days but 120 days

The insurance part confused me slightly as i don't understand the importance of it.

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:03 pm

Kashiokinamasaka wrote:I do not hold a European nationality

I have not been abroad for longer than 450 days, it was only around 356 days during which i came back to London 3 time for periods of 1-2 weeks so i guess it is not even 356 days but 120 days

The insurance part confused me slightly as i don't understand the importance of it.

Then ignore the insurance point as it is only relevant for EU national.
1- make sure your absence does not exceed 90 days in the last 12 months prior to your application.
2- make sure you satisfy all other residence criteria, Language ( assume you have a UK degree already) and LIUK test.
3- follow advice regarding your previous addresses as i mentioned in my first reply.

Kashiokinamasaka
Newly Registered

Post by Kashiokinamasaka » Thu May 08, 2014 8:15 am

Alright, thank you very much SouthWest, I hope the address advice is gonna work, that fee for the application is just making me nervous so I wanted to make sure everything I do is done correctly with minimal confusion.

Thanks again man.

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Thu May 08, 2014 7:31 pm

make sure to apply via NCS. it worth it and if any thing is missing or incomplete, they will let you know.

good luck.