ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Vistor Visa From Ukraine

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DavLissy
Newly Registered

UK Vistor Visa From Ukraine

Post by DavLissy » Sun May 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Hello everyone, been reading all the questions & answers on here and wonder if anyone can advise me.

I have a Ukrainian G/F, we've been together since Jan 2011, we've met in Berlin, Kiev(4 times) and while she was working in Norway i visited her 6 times, she's also been to my home in UK 5 times, but only from Norway, she is now back in Ukraine and not in employment, she does have a bank account with funds, she owns her own house too. So my question is: what would be her chances of gaining a visitor visa to UK from Ukraine given the above information that we can prove with photo's, airline tickets, passport stamps etc etc, would it go against her that she is no longer in employment??? any advise would be useful, thanks in advance, David.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Vistor Visa From Ukraine

Post by Amber » Sun May 04, 2014 2:07 pm

I may be slim as she doesn't have strong ties to Ukraine i.e. job and she has a boyfriend in the UK. Are you planing on marrying?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

DavLissy
Newly Registered

Post by DavLissy » Sun May 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Amber_ wrote:I may be slim as she doesn't have strong ties to Ukraine i.e. job and she has a boyfriend in the UK. Are you planing on marrying?
In the future, not just yet though.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 04, 2014 8:13 pm

How did she visit you from Norway? She must have had a UK visit visa so that would stand her in good stead for another....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 04, 2014 8:22 pm

I think they met in Norway rather than in the UK.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 05, 2014 7:59 am

Amber_ wrote:I think they met in Norway rather than in the UK.
she's also been to my home in UK 5 times, but only from Norway

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon May 05, 2014 9:43 am

Sorry, I missed that. However, she had a jobs when visiting from Norway, she's now unemployed.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 05, 2014 10:58 am

Amber_ wrote:Sorry, I missed that. However, she had a jobs when visiting from Norway, she's now unemployed.
Agree, but five UK visits and returns under her belt might help?

DavLissy
Newly Registered

Post by DavLissy » Mon May 05, 2014 11:30 pm

Thanks for the replies.
She applied for and received 2 x 6 month visa from Norway for UK, and travelled here and returned to Norway 5 times in 18 months, but like i say, she was in full time work in Norway, i hear its quite difficult for single woman to get visa from Ukraine.

matt14

Post by matt14 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:14 pm

DavLissy wrote:Thanks for the replies.
She applied for and received 2 x 6 month visa from Norway for UK, and travelled here and returned to Norway 5 times in 18 months, but like i say, she was in full time work in Norway, i hear its quite difficult for single woman to get visa from Ukraine.
Hi, my gf from ukraine got a general visit visa in december 2013 and she was employed at the time and also had property in ukraine. she attached a translated copy of her property documents, tickets, hotel booking etc. I believe showing that she has property in ukraine might help prove ties to her country. Also, your gf already has been to the uk and left in time - so i guess that goes in her favour too.
Best of luck!