ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please advise if this can be a potential problem

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prinsloo
Newly Registered

please advise if this can be a potential problem

Post by prinsloo » Mon May 05, 2014 11:14 pm

dear all,

i am about to be eligible to apply for the 10 year ltr this summer and wondering if the 1 year work placement i had during degree time might affect my application?

after my second year at university in 2008 i took 1 year to do full time work placement in the uk(university was aware of this and granted me to interrupt my study but it was not part of my course) while I was on student visa. at the end of the placement my 3 year student visa ran out so I applied for 1 more year to finish the 3rd year and got approved.

now my question is would this cause any problem when applying for long term residency? (in 2008 it was not required to apply for other types of visa because of the full time work placement) and since i interrupted my study i was not technically in term time so I can work full time?

any comments would be greatly appreciated and thank you so much for your kind help in advance.

best

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: please advise if this can be a potential problem

Post by Amber » Tue May 06, 2014 5:22 am

So long as you didn't breach your conditions it shouldn't.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

prinsloo
Newly Registered

Post by prinsloo » Tue May 06, 2014 11:29 am

Amber_ wrote:So long as you didn't breach your conditions it shouldn't.
Hi Amber,

Many thanks for your kind reply.

could you please elaborate more on the 'did not breach your conditions'?

usually students cannot work for more than 20 hours during term time and by interrupting my studies, does that automatically means my full time placement was completed during non term time therefore it is ok?

Best regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue May 06, 2014 11:32 am

It depends on whether you were breaching your conditions, only you can answer that. If in doubt email the Home Office.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.