ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Spring 2014

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by Spring 2014 » Thu May 01, 2014 6:18 pm

verbina wrote:@Elastep, are you there my darling? How are you getting on girl? You Big Date is coming up soon!!
@Elastep,big smile for you babe,you will excel on the day. :D :D

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by Kukuwife » Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 am

october2013 wrote:hello all, i want some advise please. Our application for flr o was denied, the appeal was also rejected. We have been given right of appeal. (i have a 7yr old child and we are dependants on my hubby's visa).
However i have secured a tier 2 work permit job and want to know how this works. ie how do i go about switching routes. The HO has kept hold of our passports etc so i am unsure how to proceed with this. I only found out i got the job yesterday by phone so i am still awaiting the paperwork contract.
We are waiting to speak with our solicitor who is currently unavailable as we used a solicitor for both the initial application and appeal.
any advise i can get would be most appreciated please.
october2013- this area is technical, that may be the reason why you may have not seen comments having said that, I noticed that you got appeal right because you applied before your visa expired. I know that you can switch category as the main applicant but as a dependant am not sure. Some say yes while some people say no you have to go back to your home country and apply for job related categories pls you need to clarified this with your solicitor.
Since you have appeal - if you appeal within 10 working days of the decision been received your status remain the same.
Home office on most occasion will not return refused applicants passport and other documents so don't be bother with that. All the same you need to act fast in respect of the appeal.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kombwe
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Kombwe » Fri May 02, 2014 11:34 am

@es2013, this is the background of my case, I came to the UK in March 2002 as a student from Nambia. I was a student until 2007, and my visa was refused since that time I was an overstayers. In 2009 I had a conviction for fighting. However the truth is I didn't do it . God is the judge so he knows the truth. Anyway I met my British boyfriend in 2010, we have been together since then. All my family members are in this country with British citizenship. I have been in the country for 12 years came to this country when I was 19 years am now 31. Recently, on the 20th March I lost my uncle who was looking after me in Namibia I mean he was like a father, sent all that information to the Home office. As previously stated I applied under art 8, I have already done my biometrics a week ago still waiting. I have currently been reporting to the ukba police station every week since Capita was sending me threatening letters to go home from Feb 14. Am only hoping for the best. I know my God never fails. @es2013 we are both waiting on good news :D

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Fri May 02, 2014 1:08 pm

@kombwe: you and I are in a similar situation. I am married to a British citizen and I was first refused Flr (M) based on the financial requirement, we appealed and lost the appeal. But now that my wife earns more than the financial requirement, I can no longer apply under the FLR (M) because I have no valid leave, so I have now applied under the flr (FP), I also included statement regarding the demise of my grandmother, she took care of me until I grew so basically she's all iv got In My home country but now she's no more. But before I made the application, capita had been writing me letters not until recently the home office have now placed me on temporary admission where I have to be reporting to an immigration officer every 2 weeks.
'' The Lord is My Light and My Salvation ''

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri May 02, 2014 10:40 pm

Hello @ All. I hope all is well?
A very big welcome to all the new members and to those granted congrats and I wish you all a very happy future. :)
To all those waiting for their decision, I wish us all a favourable outcome in Jesus name. Amen!

Verbina and Spring 2014 I'm doing well and thanks for enquiring about me. Yes my hearing is in 3 weeks time and i'm looking forward to it and praying for the presence of the almighty God to fill me on that day.

I received a refusal letter again today regarding the reconsideration that the Home Office offered to do on my previously refused application and there was no right of appeal with it. :(
The sad thing is that I expected this from them and I'm happy that I have a JR hearing date coming up where we can talk the talk. So please guys don't be sad for me (be happy ) as I at least don't have to start from the begining all over again like most people who have been duped into withdrawing their JR.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat May 03, 2014 11:03 am

elastep wrote:Hello @ All. I hope all is well?
A very big welcome to all the new members and to those granted congrats and I wish you all a very happy future. :)
To all those waiting for their decision, I wish us all a favourable outcome in Jesus name. Amen!

Verbina and Spring 2014 I'm doing well and thanks for enquiring about me. Yes my hearing is in 3 weeks time and i'm looking forward to it and praying for the presence of the almighty God to fill me on that day.

I received a refusal letter again today regarding the reconsideration that the Home Office offered to do on my previously refused application and there was no right of appeal with it. :(
The sad thing is that I expected this from them and I'm happy that I have a JR hearing date coming up where we can talk the talk. So please guys don't be sad for me (be happy ) as I at least don't have to start from the begining all over again like most people who have been duped into withdrawing their JR.
You re totally right darl, there s no use in being sad over it! Like you say, some people agreed to withdraw, only to be messed about by Home Office once again.

Now that your hearing date is near and you would get your chance to speak for yourself, I believe the Almighty would be there for you and everything will be sorted there and then!!

Keeping you in my prayers soldier girl!! Xxx
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Sat May 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Kombwe wrote:@es2013, this is the background of my case, I came to the UK in March 2002 as a student from Nambia. I was a student until 2007, and my visa was refused since that time I was an overstayers. In 2009 I had a conviction for fighting. However the truth is I didn't do it . God is the judge so he knows the truth. Anyway I met my British boyfriend in 2010, we have been together since then. All my family members are in this country with British citizenship. I have been in the country for 12 years came to this country when I was 19 years am now 31. Recently, on the 20th March I lost my uncle who was looking after me in Namibia I mean he was like a father, sent all that information to the Home office. As previously stated I applied under art 8, I have already done my biometrics a week ago still waiting. I have currently been reporting to the ukba police station every week since Capita was sending me threatening letters to go home from Feb 14. Am only hoping for the best. I know my God never fails. @es2013 we are both waiting on good news :D
Thanks for sharing your story, hope we get good news very soon, the one thing the most of us have in common is that we overstayers so God is the only one that can see us through. Remember we all choose where we want to be so the HO will eventually give in. Good luck girl x
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

naba

Post by naba » Sat May 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Hello lovely people : verbina, Kukuwife, dapsonlee, Hatchsead, elastep, God's Authority, MRLAOLU and others,

Hope you are keeping well. Congratulations who have been granted and all the best who are waiting.

I have been blessed as my appeale has been approved and have been awarded the fee. Can anyone please tell how long it will take to get the money back and how long to get the BRP. Thank you everyone for your moral support and information. God bless us.

The case:
- 7 years (not British born)
- Refused with no appeal right
- Appeal for appeal right
- has been approved
- Waiting for the BPR

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:34 pm

Hello Naba,

Congratulation on your appeal. Please if I may ask, how were u able to get an appeal right when you had no right of appeal.

@Spring2014 I'm so sorry I omitted your name from the congratulatory message. Congrats to you and hope u enjoy ur freedom.

Please remember us all in ur prayers and hope this new week brings more good news

naba

Post by naba » Sat May 03, 2014 10:48 pm

Thank you bsmith13. I learnt from this forum...applied to the tribunal for the appeal right. Therefore, first the hearing was on the appeal right, and then on the case. Hope this helps. God bless you.

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Sat May 03, 2014 11:45 pm

@ Naba please do you think I can still apply to the tribunal for an appeal though I have lodged a JR got a refusal back in February and the whole process is just too long wanna move on with my life

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sun May 04, 2014 1:32 am

naba wrote:Hello lovely people : verbina, Kukuwife, dapsonlee, Hatchsead, elastep, God's Authority, MRLAOLU and others,

Hope you are keeping well. Congratulations who have been granted and all the best who are waiting.

I have been blessed as my appeale has been approved and have been awarded the fee. Can anyone please tell how long it will take to get the money back and how long to get the BRP. Thank you everyone for your moral support and information. God bless us.

The case:
- has been approved
- Waiting for the BPR
Naba- I am overwhelmed with joy that the long struggle has ended with happiness
It was indeed a well deserved victory and it give most of us hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
You will probably received a cheque in the post. For the BRP is may depend on when HO receive the judgement notice give them one or two week if notting chase them up
Your expectation will manifest very soon

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Sun May 04, 2014 2:20 pm

naba wrote:Hello lovely people : verbina, Kukuwife, dapsonlee, Hatchsead, elastep, God's Authority, MRLAOLU and others,

The case:
- has been approved
- Waiting for the BPR
Congratulations Naba,enjoy your freedom xx
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sun May 04, 2014 2:32 pm

The case:
- has been approved
- Waiting for the BPR
Hello Naba,

A hearty congratulations to you. It's good to see some of us who has been here since 2012 and those in 2013 finally getting the justice they deserve. Delay is not denial. I presume it takes 3-6 weeks, well that's from what I have observed with those who walked in your footsteps. Congratulations once again. It's gonna be a beautiful summer indeed. :)

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Post by MRLAOLU » Mon May 05, 2014 9:51 am

Congrats Naba

So happy for you. I remember your case very well and it gives me joy that those of us who were mercilessly denied are now getting the deserved justice through the courts albeit after causing us so much emotional pains and financial heartaches.

My dear, the wait for BRP after determination is excruciatingly long. I have discovered that there is no fixed deadline for HO to process such applications so in theory one can be waiting forever. My research however shows that most people receives BRP within 8 to 12 weeks after determination assuming HO did not seek permission to appeal.

In my case I have been waiting since mid March for ky BRP since determination so hopefully I will announce my goodnews soon since August 2012.

The case:
- has been approved
- Waiting for the BPR

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon May 05, 2014 9:54 am

Greetings forum family!!Congrats to @Naba for the well deserved outcome. It was well worth the fight!!
Big shout out to everybody! Keep the faith!

naba

Post by naba » Mon May 05, 2014 10:43 am

@ Kukuwife, es2013, nilemarques: Thank you very much hun.

@ dapsonlee Thank you dear for the information.

@ MRLAOLU, nice to hear your update, that makes me a little stress free- many thanks. Can't wait to hear your joy.

@ bsmith13, So far I know, an appeal needs to make within 10days from the refusal. I did that. I 'm not sure about your case as each case is different .

God bless us all. Love the forum. :)

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Mon May 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi everyone,

Please can those who have gone throught the process of JR please assist. I am at the stage where I am waiting to hear from the judge as to whether he thinks I have a case or not. Can anyone please tell me how long you waited to hear from them? Also if I was to be accepted, how long does it take to get to the appeal date? My lawyer has given me estimates too but I rather hear from people on here that have and are going through it.
Thanks in advance people..

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:02 pm

elastep wrote:Hello @ All. I hope all is well?

Head held high girl,nothing to be sad about am happy for you for not allowing them to lure you into withdrawing your JR and then rub you your Right.Good Decision!!! :roll: :| :roll:

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:07 pm

The case:
- has been approved
- Waiting for the BPR
Congratulations to you and your family.Enjoy your well deserved freedom.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:22 pm

To every forum members waiting you shall not wait in VAIN,rivers do not struggle to flow,you will never struggle to receive your freedom.We all deserve the best in life.Hope you all enjoy the Bank Holiday and have a sound sleep Women,Men,boys and girls.

If you call African woman a woman she go say abi lady o,she go say market woman na woman,she go say abi lady o.So all the the ladies/babes on this Forum have a sound sleep.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:34 pm

bsmith13 wrote:Hello Naba,

Congratulation on your appeal. Please if I may ask, how were u able to get an appeal right when you had no right of appeal.

@Spring2014 I'm so sorry I omitted your name from the congratulatory message. Congrats to you and hope u enjoy ur freedom.

Please remember us all in ur prayers and hope this new week brings more good news
Thank you for remembering me,you will not be forgotten.Wherever,whoever is dealing with your application you shall be favoured.You will find favour with someone you don't expect and will be too relevant to ignored.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue May 06, 2014 7:31 am

Spring 2014 wrote:To every forum members waiting you shall not wait in VAIN,rivers do not struggle to flow,you will never struggle to receive your freedom.We all deserve the best in life.Hope you all enjoy the Bank Holiday and have a sound sleep Women,Men,boys and girls.

If you call African woman a woman she go say abi lady o,she go say market woman na woman,she go say abi lady o.So all the the ladies/babes on this Forum have a sound sleep.

Amen to your prayers spring2014, may the good lord continue to bless and strengthen you too as well. And a good one with that Fela's song lol!

By the way GodGives, hope you are ok?

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Tue May 06, 2014 11:29 am

Its been a while since I came onto this sight...congrats to all that have been granted....@spring2014, naba, fineboy....and good luck to all those that are waiting.

@naba...what sorts of questions were you asked during your hearing?

ashvind
Newly Registered

Post by ashvind » Wed May 07, 2014 3:12 pm

Can someone please forward me some templates for witness statement and any tips how to write them . Please I need for my appeal hearing. Thanks