ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amtbhatnagar

Tier 1 dependent to ILR

Post by amtbhatnagar » Tue May 06, 2014 1:47 pm

Hello Guys ,
Have one query my Mrs is on Tier 1 dependent visa she is in UK with me for more than 3 years , I understand for dependent it is 2 years required for ILR .
Have couple of queries 1
1) She is planning to do some study in India for next 8 months I am eligible for ILR in January will that be an issue is she is away for 8 months
2) for dependent what all documents are required for ILR as she doesn't have bank account will the stamping on passport be enough or what documents are required for dependent .

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 dependent to ILR

Post by Amber » Tue May 06, 2014 2:27 pm

She should remain in the UK until settled, deferring studies shouldn't be hard. She'll need cohabitation proof so put her on the council tax and open her a basic bank account.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.