ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling while 30 days before 'Leave to Remain' Expiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fawaztaj
Newly Registered

Traveling while 30 days before 'Leave to Remain' Expiry

Post by fawaztaj » Tue May 06, 2014 6:52 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would be much obliged to you if you could kindly clarify a situation that I'm facing in regards to Travel. I'm currently on a 'Leave to Remain' status which is due to expire on the 14/06/2014. I and my dependents have already made a PEO Booking for our ILR (i.e. SET(O)) Application on the 28/05/2014, and have made the relevant payments. The references are provided below...

-------
PEO Appointment
==============
Date: Wednesday 28 May 2014
Time: 1:10 PM
Number of people attending: 5
-------

The nature of my enquiry is, I'm in need of Traveling on the 10/05/2014 to 16/05/2014 related to my current work (i.e. Business Trip). I work for a leading international newspaper, as the 'Head of IT Operation & Projects' and am required to travel bwteen the companies offices quite requently. Currently I'm in need of to travel in order to finalize a support contracts that is crusial to our UK based operations.

With my current 'Leave to Remain' coming to an expiry on the 14/06/2014, would it be an issue for me to travel on the said dates (i.e. 10/05/2014 to 16/05/2014). Do I need to have a certain time-frame remaining (i.e. example a month, weeks, days, etc.) on my current leave before I will be let in to the UK.

In case I have to travel during the above dates for Work, what has the Law & Regulations to say in regards to this ? (i.e. Traveling while having 1 month, weeks or certain amount of days remaining on the current 'Leave to Remain' visa). If you can clarify to me what the Law & Regulation explain on this situation in order for me to either travel or delay my trip in accordance to be in compliance with the Law & Regulations.

Kindly advise.

Yours Sincerely,

Fawaz Taj