ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discrepancies in Passports (Old & New)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fawaztaj
Newly Registered

Discrepancies in Passports (Old & New)

Post by fawaztaj » Tue May 06, 2014 6:54 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would be much obliged if you can advise me on the following situation in regards to my wife who will be applying with me for ILR as a dependent. She is a Moroccan National (i.e. Set(O) Application).

Her original passport that she entered UK with the Entry Clearance Visa expired on the 10/05/2014. Upon renewing her Passport, the Moroccan Embassy issued her a new Electronic/Machine Readable Passport. On the new passport her "Birth Place" is mentioned as "Maarif" which is a neighborhood of "Casablanca". On her Old Passport the "Birth Place" was mentioned simply as "Casablanca".

Upon further inquiry on the matter with the Moroccan Embassy Officials, they informed us that this is the "New" classification that they are using for all new "Electronic/Machine Readable" passports. They have also advised us if required they can provide us with a reference letter stating this.

Would you be kind enough to advise me if I can submit the new and old passports as-is or if I will be required to provide a reference from the Moroccan Embassy, stating the new classification in order to process our ILR application.

Kindly advise.

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely,

Fawaz Taj