ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Extension - evidence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

badlandskate
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Extension - evidence

Post by badlandskate » Wed May 07, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi! I will shortly be applying to extend my leave to remain under Tier 2 General and I am a bit confused as to what evidence I need to submit with my application. When I first applied for this visa I had to submit bank statements and payslips - but now it appears that these are unnecessary because I currently have leave to remain as Tier 2 migrant, will continue to work in the same job for the same employer and have no dependents. Is this correct? It feels a bit odd to submit an application without evidence of my finances. Has anyone recently made a successful application and if so, did you provide payslips and bank statements?

I am also a bit confused about question C3 (page 12) of the application form which asks: 'Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or which you used when you last travelled to the UK?' I was previously granted leave to remain as a student and had a post-study work visa, both of which are stamped into my current passport. I will obviously be including this passport with my new application and will have already provided the details of this passport earlier in Section C of the application. Do I tick 'no' or should I tick 'yes' and repeat the details of my current passport?

Any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks!