ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

baby birth and social

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

baby birth and social

Post by zaza7625 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:06 am

Hi all
Have question:
Our family is getting jobseekers allowance.
My wife is pregnant and normaly after a some period she is not allowed to get jobseekers allowance as she
Will not be available for full time work as social requires. We have 4 children and my wufe gonna give a birth
The 5th child. Please give advise which is the social welfare direction we need to go?
Thanks in abvance

IQU
Diamond Member

Re: baby birth and social

Post by IQU » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:30 pm

5th child on the way looking for jobseeker allowance ,people like you benefit from this state,you guys are playing with system,this need to be stop,you should not be allowed to get any benefit from this country,its your choice no sypamathy for you at all,ITS immigration form not f..... socail dept site,

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:28 am

OP, perhaps this isn't the right place to ask your question? If you wanted a big family, you should rightly be able to afford their livelihood. my opinion of course.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:29 am

Please do not judge people, instead try and offer support and guidance.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:43 pm

they playing with system another non eu residents are paying taxes,some of people work all theirs life working in this country,anyway you can contact mrci

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi Zaza,

It is simple. Your wife can (and should) continue to get jobseekers allowance. She is not required to be available for or look for work for about four weeks before and after the birth. Then when baby is maybe four weeks old she can start to look for work again. But she gets the payment also for the weeks around the birth, as this is considered fair, because a woman with a job would get her payment during time baby is born.

In addition, if you yourself wish to claim the same payment in your own right, the amount will be given half to each spouse. It is very important that your wife continue to claim her payment, as this is possibly considered the exercise of EU treaty rights. You must decide if you want to claim half for yourself or if you prefer for her to claim the full amount , but the important point is that she must continue to claim until she gets work.

If any state official tries to make life difficult because you have no job and lots of children, say it is your religious faith to have large family, and Irish constitution protects your right to your religion, so you can have as many children as you want.
BL

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote:Hi Zaza,

If any state official tries to make life difficult because you have no job and lots of children, say it is your religious faith to have large family, and Irish constitution protects your right to your religion, so you can have as many children as you want.
No disrespect to you, but that bit is a little too much, advising the OP, who chooses for whatever to have a large family on his or her own, it is not up to you to draw conclusion that op's large family has a religious motive, you are basically teaching the OP to lie. That is wrong.

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:40 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote:Hi Zaza,

It is simple. Your wife can (and should) continue to get jobseekers allowance. She is not required to be available for or look for work for about four weeks before and after the birth. Then when baby is maybe four weeks old she can start to look for work again. But she gets the payment also for the weeks around the birth, as this is considered fair, because a woman with a job would get her payment during time baby is born.

In addition, if you yourself wish to claim the same payment in your own right, the amount will be given half to each spouse. It is very important that your wife continue to claim her payment, as this is possibly considered the exercise of EU treaty rights. You must decide if you want to claim half for yourself or if you prefer for her to claim the full amount , but the important point is that she must continue to claim until she gets work.

hi Brijid from Ireland.
Thank you for your responses as they are very helpful and attractive.
I have one question: does my pregnant wife have to inform social welfare office about her pregnancy (she gets jobseekers allowance) and if she does, when it is more suitable time to do so?
Thank you very much

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Wed May 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Inform them in writing about two to four weeks before baby is born. State that she is due to have a baby soon (don't specify the expected date) and that she is continuing to look for work and will continue to look for work after the baby is born. Then when baby is born give them a copy of birth cert to get the extra 29.80/week on jobseekers and 130/month child benefit.

It is a good idea to apply for jobs in public offices, like council, health service, civil service, schools, hospitals as she can apply by e-mail (so it is free) and there is a record of having applied. So she could send one e-mail per week to a different local school each week, looking for work as a cleaner or special needs classroom assistant. Then she has the e-mails as proof that she looks for work each week.
BL

Seriously
Newly Registered

Post by Seriously » Thu May 08, 2014 11:13 am

No disrespect intended Brigid, but don't you think that coaching the OP on how to retain his benefits is the wrong advice to be providing. Wouldn't it be far more helpful to advise him on how to secure employment and provide for his family?

OP, I'm sure, with your growing family you would much prefer to be providing for them yourself rather than relying on benefits to scrape by? Fact is that there is more than enough work for people who really want to work. I lost my job when I was 8 months pregnant, and when my daughter was born I applied for ANYTHING in order that I could provide for her and teach her the correct morals. Eventhough my skills, experience and qualifications were in a certain field, I also applied for Cleaning jobs, shop jobs, office jobs, care jobs, anything so long as my daughter had what she needed and I didn't need to rely on the state to rear her. I ended up working in a completely different area, but I was earning my own money and paying my own bills.

So long as you are legally entitled to work in Ireland there is work to be had, just take anything so long as you can contribute to your childrens upbringing and teach them how to be self respecting, contributing members of society.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu May 08, 2014 4:03 pm

I agree with seriously, however, not many people seem to see things like that any more. I feel really sad to see those who try to milk the state (no matter which state it is) and do nothing. However, it seems that the government doesn't care so...