ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KashRIz

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by KashRIz » Wed May 07, 2014 7:48 pm

Well TBH I dont see any point calling them as usually call centre dont have a correct detail. Just sit tight and relax you will get it ......
ma14 wrote:called HO application not completed yet :(
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

russelk
Newly Registered

Post by russelk » Wed May 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi,
Is there any one can answer me please ?

I applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence in December 2013. I have enrolled my biometric on first week of January 2014. I am still waiting for decision and worried about a mistake done in 2005 in visa extension.

My visa was expiring on 31st of December 2005 and I applied on 28th of December. According to the SAR file (Subject access request) HO received my application on 30th of December. So it was an on time application but as HO couldn’t take the fee from my bank they returned the application on 19th of January 2006, I then returned the application with postal order on 6th of February which HO received on 8th of February and later HO granted me leave to remain. My asking is that is that a gap? Or how would HO consider this case?

Thanks

Russel

Abdoul1979

Post by Abdoul1979 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:19 pm

They need to be quick about February ,I am sleepless for 3 months now,any news on February app ?

ilr1986
Newly Registered

Post by ilr1986 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi members

I have been a silent reader of this forum. Now i have a problem and need to discuss it.I am here with my wife and 2 kids (2-1/2 years and 9 months old) born here.

I came to the UK on 12th March 2004. Since then all my applications were in-time and no adverse immigration history as well. My application for Tier 1 Entrepreneur got refused in February 2013 with right of appeal given. All my appeal rights,were exhausted on 28th February 2014. I applied for ILR (10 years) on 13th March 2014. I am a taxi driver and after submitting my ILR application, i thought that i still have the right to work until my ILR is decided. 2 days back i was stopped by the police and Home office officials and when the home officials checked my status they said that although my ILR application is under consideration, and because my appeal rights were exhausted, right of work also finished. I told them i never knew this as i thought i am still under section 3D. They gave me a letter saying that i have to report at the UKBA office every week with my family, but he said that my application for ILR will still be considered until a decission is made on it.

I am quite worried now. Will this effect my application for ILR.? will i loose all my 10 years.?
Please advise.
Thanks

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed May 07, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi Russel,
Well you applied on 6th feb 2005 and your last leave expired on 30th Dec 2004. So its more then 28 days but I hope they will consider your application given the fact your next leave was approved and you never had any problems since then. I hope you will get this but incase if they refuse, when is your current leave expiring as you can apply again in 2015 for Long residency.

But if u have a logical reason for that payment refusal you can argue in review incase they refuse your application.

regards...

russelk wrote:Hi,

I applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence in December 2013. I have enrolled my biometric on first week of January 2014. I am still waiting for decision and worried about a mistake done in 2005 in visa extension.

My visa was expiring on 31st of December 2005 and I applied on 28th of December. According to the SAR file (Subject access request) HO received my application on 30th of December. So it was an on time application but as HO couldn’t take the fee from my bank they returned the application on 19th of January 2006, I then returned the application with postal order on 6th of February which HO received on 8th of February and later HO granted me leave to remain. My asking is that is that a gap? Or how would HO consider this case?

Thanks

Russel

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed May 07, 2014 8:56 pm

You dont ned to worry mate as your 10 years are completed here and you have all the right to ILR. Yes you dont have right of work as your appeals are exhausted. But I hope your application will be consider on the basis of 10 years you have already spent here legally. So dont worry and stop driving taxi un till you get your result I know it can get very difficult financially and do report UKBA weekly its just a formality.

Seniors may shed more light on this....

ilr1986 wrote:Hi members

I have been a silent reader of this forum. Now i have a problem and need to discuss it.I am here with my wife and 2 kids (2-1/2 years and 9 months old) born here.

I came to the UK on 12th March 2004. Since then all my applications were in-time and no adverse immigration history as well. My application for Tier 1 Entrepreneur got refused in February 2013 with right of appeal given. All my appeal rights,were exhausted on 28th February 2014. I applied for ILR (10 years) on 13th March 2014. I am a taxi driver and after submitting my ILR application, i thought that i still have the right to work until my ILR is decided. 2 days back i was stopped by the police and Home office officials and when the home officials checked my status they said that although my ILR application is under consideration, and because my appeal rights were exhausted, right of work also finished. I told them i never knew this as i thought i am still under section 3D. They gave me a letter saying that i have to report at the UKBA office every week with my family, but he said that my application for ILR will still be considered until a decission is made on it.

I am quite worried now. Will this effect my application for ILR.? will i loose all my 10 years.?
Please advise.
Thanks

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:09 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
At least they have started Feb applications, Hope Feb-applicants should start good news soon as well.. :roll: :roll:
Im next on list.
Hi,

Please can you tell me how do you know that HO has started processing Feb applications. On this forum none of the Feb applicant got their decision yet?

Regards

fmaqbool
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by fmaqbool » Wed May 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi,

I have applied on 4th April 2014 ILR Set (O). I received Acknowledgement letter on 10th April. I am still waiting for Biometric Enrolment Invitation Letter.
I think Home Office taking longer to send Enrolment Invitation Letters.

Please post reply here when you receive yours.

Thanks

Farhan

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Wed May 07, 2014 9:46 pm

March_LR14 wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:
At least they have started Feb applications, Hope Feb-applicants should start good news soon as well.. :roll: :roll:
Im next on list.
Hi,

Please can you tell me how do you know that HO has started processing Feb applications. On this forum none of the Feb applicant got their decision yet?

Regards
I mean ma14 is Feb applicant. Sounds like processing started but not completed yet.

ilr1986
Newly Registered

Post by ilr1986 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Thnx for the positive feedback bro.!
I have phoned a couple of lawyers and they said the same.!

Seniors please highlight your experience on this issue. Appreciated.!
KashRIz wrote:You dont ned to worry mate as your 10 years are completed here and you have all the right to ILR. Yes you dont have right of work as your appeals are exhausted. But I hope your application will be consider on the basis of 10 years you have already spent here legally. So dont worry and stop driving taxi un till you get your result I know it can get very difficult financially and do report UKBA weekly its just a formality.

Seniors may shed more light on this....

ilr1986 wrote:Hi members

Please advise.
Thanks

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Wed May 07, 2014 10:03 pm

@rmkirfan. That's a generic answer from HO. if you call them 3 weeks after sending your application they will say your application is under process.

I was hoping that you would say that someone you know applied in Feb got his/her approval.

shantha

Post by shantha » Wed May 07, 2014 10:28 pm

fmaqbool wrote:Hi,

I have applied on 4th April 2014 ILR Set (O). I received Acknowledgement letter on 10th April. I am still waiting for Biometric Enrolment Invitation Letter.
I think Home Office taking longer to send Enrolment Invitation Letters.

Please post reply here when you receive yours.

Thanks

Farhan
Hi,
You are in wrong forum this is for SET(LR) Applicants which 10 years long residency category. This time line not relevant for you. Thanks

russelk
Newly Registered

Post by russelk » Thu May 08, 2014 12:30 am

Thank you KashRIZ,

My current visa got expired on 20th April. If my ILR application is refused, what chances are available to get extended my visa for another year ? I spent 10 years period with student visa, so as i know i will not be able to extend my visa as a student any more. Do you have any suggestion ?
KashRIz wrote:Hi Russel,
Well you applied on 6th feb 2005 and your last leave expired on 30th Dec 2004. So its more then 28 days but I hope they will consider your application given the fact your next leave was approved and you never had any problems since then. I hope you will get this but incase if they refuse, when is your current leave expiring as you can apply again in 2015 for Long residency.

But if u have a logical reason for that payment refusal you can argue in review incase they refuse your application.

regards...

russelk wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Russel

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu May 08, 2014 12:43 am

russelk wrote:Thank you KashRIZ,

My current visa got expired on 20th April. If my ILR application is refused, what chances are available to get extended my visa for another year ? I spent 10 years period with student visa, so as i know i will not be able to extend my visa as a student any more. Do you have any suggestion ?

regards...

Hi Russelk,

As you made an in time application on 28th of Dec 2005 which HO returned on 19th January 2006 as invalid. The time from 01 Jan to 19th Jan was covered by 3C (in other words your stay was legal).

You returned your application on 06th Feb (17 days out of time) which was later on approved.

HO disregards any overstay of upto 28 days as your application was only 17 days late. There is nothing to worry.

You will be hearing from HO soon as it is almost 5 months so fingers crossed for you.

I hope above explanation helps.

Regards

gazijazhar
Newly Registered

Post by gazijazhar » Thu May 08, 2014 8:36 am

Hi,

Does anyone knows whether any changes will take place in 10 year rule for ILR in 14/15?
I saw on some forums that major changes could happened which may affect everybody who is waiting 10 years. That info may not be official but I started worrying if this could happened :?

prab1
Newly Registered

Post by prab1 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:58 am

Hi All,

This forum has been of great help to me. I have a couple of questions that need clarifications:

1. I will be completing 10 years legally here on September 15, 2014. In June 2006, my working holiday maker visa expired and I went back home from where I applied for a student visa. It was rejected but I was successful after a fresh application and came back to UK in August 2006. During this process, I was in India for 38 days without a visa. Does this break my 10-year continuous residency?

2. My wife got Tier 1 dependent visa in December 2011, but came to UK on 13th July 2012. Her Tier 1 dependent visa expires on November 11th 2014 (same day as mine). I am planning to apply for ILR based on 10-year residency in September but not based on Tier 1 General in November. So what options does my wife have with regard to her application? FLR(M) after I receive the ILR?

If I do not receive the ILR by the time my wife’s visa expires in November, what option does she have?

Your help will be appreciated.

Many thanks
Prab

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:40 am

KashRIz wrote:Well TBH I dont see any point calling them as usually call centre dont have a correct detail. Just sit tight and relax you will get it ......

to be honest - call centre have full details however they do not disclose it. - in my case HO wrote me and ask for some additional info to which i have written back, after a week when i called up one very helpful lady checked my details and also advised me of WHAT HO has requested and confirmed my response has been recevied by HO and is passed onto correct team.

most of the time when i call - the agent goes thru standard description - however sometime you may go thru kind hearted person and they will give you all the details.

ma14

Post by ma14 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:59 am

Hardikjshah83 wrote:
KashRIz wrote:Well TBH I dont see any point calling them as usually call centre dont have a correct detail. Just sit tight and relax you will get it ......

to be honest - call centre have full details however they do not disclose it. - in my case HO wrote me and ask for some additional info to which i have written back, after a week when i called up one very helpful lady checked my details and also advised me of WHAT HO has requested and confirmed my response has been recevied by HO and is passed onto correct team.

most of the time when i call - the agent goes thru standard description - however sometime you may go thru kind hearted person and they will give you all the details.
we are in same boat bro. its very stressful time.we are also on 3c / 3d no qurrey nothing

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu May 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Just chill guys you will get there....

most of the time when i call - the agent goes thru standard description - however sometime you may go thru kind hearted person and they will give you all the details.[/quote]
we are in same boat bro. its very stressful time.we are also on 3c / 3d no qurrey nothing[/quote]

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu May 08, 2014 12:09 pm

Well As far as I know if your application is rejected by HO due to problem with fee collection its not covered under 3c but i think its on case worker how he look at it......
March_LR14 wrote:
russelk wrote:Thank you KashRIZ,

regards...

Hi Russelk,

As you made an in time application on 28th of Dec 2005 which HO returned on 19th January 2006 as invalid. The time from 01 Jan to 19th Jan was covered by 3C (in other words your stay was legal).

You returned your application on 06th Feb (17 days out of time) which was later on approved.

HO disregards any overstay of upto 28 days as your application was only 17 days late. There is nothing to worry.

You will be hearing from HO soon as it is almost 5 months so fingers crossed for you.

I hope above explanation helps.

Regards

Perdesi007

Post by Perdesi007 » Thu May 08, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi All,

Just to give you a quick update, I have spoken to HO 15 mins ago and the CS assistant told me Feb cases are being dealt now and the files have been handed over to the case workers. He said almost all January cases have been dealt except a few that require further investigation.

Fingers crossed, hope to hear soon.

Good luck to all.

freedom1304
Newly Registered

Post by freedom1304 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi,

Could someone please advise me the HO contact number to get the update of the application.

Many Thanks,

Perdesi007

Post by Perdesi007 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:21 pm

freedom1304 wrote:Hi,

Could someone please advise me the HO contact number to get the update of the application.

Many Thanks,
here's the HO num:

Choose Option 2 to get the update.

ma14

Post by ma14 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:56 pm

Call home office today and they said January applications are nearly finished and they are dealing with Feb applications now. hopefully its true

Riz27
Newly Registered

Post by Riz27 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:10 pm

It is true that HO has started dealing with Feb cases. Although bank holidays has ruined the timeline of some people including me, we hope to get update soon. It can well be the case that tomorrow first Feb person hears positively from HO.

Regards

Riz