ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from PSW to Tier 4 student visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nothappywithukba
Newly Registered

Switching from PSW to Tier 4 student visa

Post by nothappywithukba » Wed May 07, 2014 11:11 am

Hi Guys,

Can anyone please enlighten me.

I have applied for the entrepreneur visa and got refused like so many other people on the forum. UKBA is mad.

Since my appeal may obviously not work out and I have difficulty getting back the £50000 back into my account hence a re-application is not possible, I am considering going back to student visa. I have an MBA before my PSW.

So my question is CAN I GO BACK TO AN UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE COURSE or must it be an MSC/PHD PROGRAMME???????

Does anybody have any college in London I can do this with?????

Appreciate a quick response and thanks.

Safi0o0
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from PSW to Tier 4 student visa

Post by Safi0o0 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:59 pm

Hi,, what i know about new rules is this,, u can study on post graduate for 3 years and 5 years on undergraduate,, u can move onto level 8 or phd or m,phil,, and u will have to keep maintenance for upto 9 months for 28 days and plus fees,,

nothappywithukba
Newly Registered

Post by nothappywithukba » Fri May 16, 2014 11:13 am

Hi guys, pls and pls reply cos am getting very frantic now. Appeal is in july and i need to have a plan now.
@safi, i dont understand what you have written.

Guys, pls help.

What are the requirement if I want my wife to get on a tier 4 student visa and i become a dependant.

I have heard that she will have to go back to home country to apply from there. Can the application be done from here? I have search the policy guidance for tier 4 and cant find anything on it.

PLSSSS HELPPPP.

Olasunkanmi and other informed guys, i really need your input.

Safi0o0 wrote:Hi,, what i know about new rules is this,, u can study on post graduate for 3 years and 5 years on undergraduate,, u can move onto level 8 or phd or m,phil,, and u will have to keep maintenance for upto 9 months for 28 days and plus fees,,

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Fri May 16, 2014 12:14 pm

if ur wife is ur dependent then she has to go back home country to switch into T4.

if u already done graduate level course then u cant go under graduate course, it has to be same level or higher than current level.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri May 16, 2014 1:16 pm

agree with Darvesh, you wife can go back and can get her student visa..after she arrive in uk then you can switch to dependent visa with in uk. however, it might be hard for ur wife to get student visa because of gaps in study etc

nothappywithukba wrote:Hi guys, pls and pls reply cos am getting very frantic now. Appeal is in july and i need to have a plan now.
@safi, i dont understand what you have written.

Guys, pls help.

What are the requirement if I want my wife to get on a tier 4 student visa and i become a dependant.

I have heard that she will have to go back to home country to apply from there. Can the application be done from here? I have search the policy guidance for tier 4 and cant find anything on it.

PLSSSS HELPPPP.

Olasunkanmi and other informed guys, i really need your input.

Safi0o0 wrote:Hi,, what i know about new rules is this,, u can study on post graduate for 3 years and 5 years on undergraduate,, u can move onto level 8 or phd or m,phil,, and u will have to keep maintenance for upto 9 months for 28 days and plus fees,,