ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to EU

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shamana
Newly Registered

Travel to EU

Post by shamana » Thu May 08, 2014 8:06 am

Hi,
I have just got my approval letter and have booked a ceremony. Can i travel to the EU on the basis of my naturalization certificate without a British passport?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Travel to EU

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 08, 2014 8:08 am

shamana wrote:Hi,
I have just got my approval letter and have booked a ceremony. Can i travel to the EU on the basis of my naturalization certificate without a British passport?
You'll need a UK passport or Schengen visa.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

shamana
Newly Registered

Post by shamana » Thu May 08, 2014 8:10 am

Hi Wanderer,
Thanks for the quick response. I thought you could still prove you are a British Citizen using the certificate just that you dont hold a passport. :( :( :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:27 am

A naturalisation certificate is not a Travel Document, even though it proves you are British.

If you normally require a visa for Europe on your foreign passport, then you will still need a Schengen visa until you have applied and received your British passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 08, 2014 12:36 pm

shamana wrote:Hi Wanderer,
Thanks for the quick response. I thought you could still prove you are a British Citizen using the certificate just that you dont hold a passport. :( :( :(
Compare with this, my kids are British born and British, but they could not come with me on a visit to Spain until I got their passports sorted, so no, not possible.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....