ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can ILR combine Tier I E with WP?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Parthaab

Can ILR combine Tier I E with WP?

Post by Parthaab » Wed May 07, 2014 9:09 pm

If I have total 5 years of stay, initial Tier I entrepreneur, switching to Work Permit after initial 3 years, can I apply for ILR?
Will ILR then be decided on ( 5 years - 180 days in any year ) criteria ( as per Work Permit to ILR route ), or as per Tier I entrepreneur criteria ( 5 years - 180 days in all years )?

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Can ILR combine Tier I E with WP?

Post by Darvesh » Thu May 08, 2014 12:43 pm

in my opinion 5y will counted on single route either it will be T1E or T2(work permit) cant be mix of both.

Parthaab

Re: Can ILR combine Tier I E with WP?

Post by Parthaab » Sun May 11, 2014 4:50 pm

Darvesh wrote:in my opinion 5y will counted on single route either it will be T1E or T2(work permit) cant be mix of both.
The only refusal criteria are:
convictions which had led to a sentence of imprisonment of 4 years or more; (there is no amnesty period under this sub-paragraph)
convictions which had led to a sentence of imprisonment from 12 months to under 4 years, unless 15 years have passed since the end of the sentence;
sentence to imprisonment for less than 12 months, unless 7 years have passed since the end of the sentence;
any non-custodial sentence, caution or warning within 24 months prior to the date of the decision on the application.

The time in the UK - continous residence - is the only positive criterion to be fulfilled, according to the HO.
'Continous residence' is not needed for Tier I entrepreneur.
So it is not clear what happens when someone switches from Tier I entrepreneur ( continous residence not necessary ) to Tier 2 ( continous residence necessary ). Does the 5 year period itself start only after the switching and can it not be combined?