ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Passport online

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ken218

Re: Applying for British Passport online

Post by ken218 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:40 am

So in the time span of 6 weeks, HMPO fixed few things
- able to include multiple applications
- Parents information no longer required in a separate form

I think the future is bright for the online application, we are just (un)lucky to be one of the few guinea pigs testing the system :roll: :roll:

shabz_81

Post by shabz_81 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:29 pm

An update guys. My babies passport was finally deliverd this morning. We were so over the moon. It was issued on the 1st and sms was sent to us yesterday that it had been printed. I checked the online status and it has now changed to dispatched.

Good luck to everyone else.

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Sat May 03, 2014 5:02 pm

My old passport was delivered by Royal mail and my wife's old passport was returned by Dx. We have NOT requested for secure delivery. paid same amount for both application. I don't know how this could happen.

Dx attempted to deliver on Thursday and by calling customer care, they arranged to deliver on Saturday and they delivered today.

Now we are waiting for new passports. Got an email saying, the passport was passed for printing on 2nd May 2014. The online status remain : Declaration form received, being processed. Action : Not available.

I hope, we will receive new passports next week.

The Avatar
Newly Registered

Post by The Avatar » Sun May 04, 2014 1:02 pm

I submitted an online feedback form stating that the online app does not ask for parent details. Also called yesterday and raised this issue as a complaint. It won't make a difference for us :x but hope it does for future applicants.

ken218

Post by ken218 » Mon May 05, 2014 10:49 pm

teenboy wrote:My old passport was delivered by Royal mail and my wife's old passport was returned by Dx. We have NOT requested for secure delivery. paid same amount for both application. I don't know how this could happen.

Dx attempted to deliver on Thursday and by calling customer care, they arranged to deliver on Saturday and they delivered today.

Now we are waiting for new passports. Got an email saying, the passport was passed for printing on 2nd May 2014. The online status remain : Declaration form received, being processed. Action : Not available.

You can call DX to check if there is a parcel for you. You will need your address and names.

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Tue May 06, 2014 9:53 am

ken218 wrote:
teenboy wrote:My old passport was delivered by Royal mail and my wife's old passport was returned by Dx. We have NOT requested for secure delivery. paid same amount for both application. I don't know how this could happen.

You can call DX to check if there is a parcel for you. You will need your address and names.
Thanks for the suggestion Ken218.
Last week friday evening was my interview. Can I expect it to be delivered today? HMPO updates the status before the delivery?
Thanks.

ken218

Post by ken218 » Tue May 06, 2014 12:18 pm

teenboy wrote:
ken218 wrote: You can call DX to check if there is a parcel for you. You will need your address and names.
Last week friday evening was my interview. Can I expect it to be delivered today? HMPO updates the status before the delivery?
I think it depends. I had my interview on Thursday morning, and I received my passport today. The item appeared on DX's system on Saturday though. There are cases where people received their passports a day after the interview.
My passport status still says "Please contact us" - totally useless!!

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Tue May 06, 2014 1:10 pm

ken218 wrote:
teenboy wrote:
ken218 wrote: You can call DX to check if there is a parcel for you. You will need your address and names.
I think it depends. I had my interview on Thursday morning, and I received my passport today. The item appeared on DX's system on Saturday though. There are cases where people received their passports a day after the interview.
My passport status still says "Please contact us" - totally useless!!
Can I check the status in the Dx website?

ken218

Post by ken218 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:13 pm

teenboy wrote:Can I check the status in the Dx website?
Unfortunately, you will have to call them.
Call them on this number: 0844 371 0000 system will first insist on getting the tracking number, but it will eventually let you speak to a human being. From there you can use your address and names to track the parcel, and get the tracking number.

https://www.thedx.co.uk/corporate/custo ... ng-number/

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Tue May 06, 2014 1:46 pm

ken218 wrote:
Call them on this number: 0844 371 0000 system will first insist on getting the tracking number, but it will eventually let you speak to a human being. From there you can use your address and names to track the parcel, and get the tracking number.

Thanks. That helped. My wife's passport delivery attempt was failed today morning. They could not track anything for me.

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Tue May 06, 2014 2:36 pm

teenboy wrote:
ken218 wrote:

Thanks. That helped. My wife's passport delivery attempt was failed today morning. They could not track anything for me.
Online status is dispatched for both our applications. Dx says, mine is not traceable...

ken218

Post by ken218 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:08 pm

teenboy wrote:Online status is dispatched for both our applications. Dx says, mine is not traceable...
Hey, congrats :D my application still says "Please contact us" I don't think I will get anything helpful even if I contact them... ;)

spui
Newly Registered

Post by spui » Tue May 06, 2014 11:13 pm

ken218 wrote:
teenboy wrote:Online status is dispatched for both our applications. Dx says, mine is not traceable...
Hey, congrats :D my application still says "Please contact us" I don't think I will get anything helpful even if I contact them... ;)
The online status for both my wife and me has changed to "Please contact us". I hope that means that my letter asking me to schedule an interview is in the post.

Had to cancel a trip to Germany because of this delay with online applications. :(

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Wed May 07, 2014 9:20 am

spui wrote:
ken218 wrote:
The online status for both my wife and me has changed to "Please contact us". I hope that means that my letter asking me to schedule an interview is in the post.

Had to cancel a trip to Germany because of this delay with online applications. :(
My passport is with Dx. I rescheduled to collect from one of their London collection point on Friday. Overall process is 4 weeks for us.

ken218

Post by ken218 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:33 am

spui wrote:The online status for both my wife and me has changed to "Please contact us". I hope that means that my letter asking me to schedule an interview is in the post.
You can call the appointment booking line, ask them if they can find you on the system using your address and birthday. That way you can make a booking while waiting for the letter to arrive.

ken218

Post by ken218 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:34 am

teenboy wrote:My passport is with Dx. I rescheduled to collect from one of their London collection point on Friday. Overall process is 4 weeks for us.
That's cool, 50% improvement on performance!! I thought DX website said no collection is allowed... mm...

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Wed May 07, 2014 9:39 am

ken218 wrote:
teenboy wrote:My passport is with Dx. I rescheduled to collect from one of their London collection point on Friday. Overall process is 4 weeks for us.
That's cool, 50% improvement on performance!! I thought DX website said no collection is allowed... mm...
They asked to bring me the delivery attempt card and 1 photo id proof and 2 address proof.

spui
Newly Registered

Post by spui » Thu May 08, 2014 5:34 pm

ken218 wrote:
spui wrote:The online status for both my wife and me has changed to "Please contact us". I hope that means that my letter asking me to schedule an interview is in the post.
You can call the appointment booking line, ask them if they can find you on the system using your address and birthday. That way you can make a booking while waiting for the letter to arrive.
I did not bother with this since I have already cancelled the trip to Germany. They also needed the reference number when I finally did book the appointment which I guess I wouldn't have got without the letter. That letter came in this morning and I have an appointment booked for tomorrow morning at Luton.

dial2all

Post by dial2all » Thu May 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Dear all I have an update.
Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: Online ( payment by debit card online)
Date of application: 03/04/2014 (Countersignatures and declaration paper sent out same day by special delivery to Liverpool passport office)
Date of received HMPO : 04/04/2014
Date of sms: N/A
HMPO send blank form again on 29/04/14. Sent the form same day
Date of return of documents: waiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: 08/05/2014 and issued date 02/05/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 09/05/2014 LUTON ( I did call for booking an interview , the guy said available appointment have on 16th for London. I ask the guy for Luton and luckily I have go an appointment very next day morning 10am ( Friday) :D
Date of Passport Receipt:

mmf
Newly Registered

Post by mmf » Fri May 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Dear All,

I applied online on 2/4/14 and posted the application along with other documents on 3/4/14 and was received in the Glasgow office on 4/4/14.
Till now I have received no communication and calling the helpline seems a fruitless exercise. They did call me back couple of times but were not able to give any more information than I knew , ie my application is under process.

Today they gave me the number for booking appointment but when I called that line, they said they cant book an interview unless I have a letter and interview reference number.

Any ideas, dont know whom to ask? I even send a written compliant but no luck yet.

Best wishes
M

spui
Newly Registered

Post by spui » Tue May 13, 2014 2:44 pm

Received our passports.

The timeline for both my wife and me.

Applied online on: 2-04-2014 (this was the beta system where my parent's details were not requested)
Documents received by PO: 7-04-2014
Status changed to "Declaration form received, being processed": 09-04-2014
Letter asking us to fill paper forms: 29-04-2014
Paper forms with our details reach HMPO: 1st May
Letter asking us to seek appointment for passport id interviews: 08-05-2014
Interview: 09-05-2014
Passports received: 13-05-2014

Now awaiting our documents which we submitted as part of the application. These should be here soon.

spui
Newly Registered

Post by spui » Tue May 13, 2014 2:58 pm

Though I received my passport today, the online status for my application still says "Please contact us".

ken218

Post by ken218 » Tue May 13, 2014 4:32 pm

spui wrote:Though I received my passport today, the online status for my application still says "Please contact us".
mine was the same last week. Didn't bother to check anymore though.

dvinas
Newly Registered

Post by dvinas » Wed May 14, 2014 8:33 pm

For those interested, I used the brand-new online application process for a passport on 1-Apr-2014. It is a very smooth process, where you fill in all your details, make payment, then print out a declaration to sign and have countersigned. Unfortunately, the process has some bugs. Nowhere on the declaration does it mention that the countersignatory must have known you for at least 2 years, nor does it direct you to the guidance which states this. (The normal application does clearly state this, so it appears to be an omission.)

In my case, they sent me a request to have a new countersignatory, along with a blank normal passport application, and instructions to fill in sections 1,2,3,4, 9, and 10. This meant I had to seek out all the information on my grandparents' dates of birth, marriage, etc. I was able to obtain this fairly quickly, thanks to my mum, but it was very frustrating. Luckily, I was also able to get a new countersignatory the next day (including having a new photo signed on the back), and sent the whole thing back without delay.

Of course, it didn't help that they sent me the letter 2nd class, which took 4 days to reach me. This whole issue has delayed my application for at least a week, although more likely 2 weeks. When I received my invitation to interview, I immediately called, even though it was a Saturday, and someone answered. I booked an appointment, but the first available was 2 weeks out. :-(

Honestly, there are so many things they could do to streamline this process.

segs2tier1

Post by segs2tier1 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:30 pm

The online process is facing shit, cannot put it in any other way. They do not ask you certain things when you fill the form online and after 4 weeks they send you the original paper form to fill again, WTF?