ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E P60 and electronic payslips

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Quattro44
Newly Registered

E P60 and electronic payslips

Post by Quattro44 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:02 pm

I would like to thank the gurus ,professionals and esteemed members of this great forum for the invaluable advise you guys are providing here
I have got a question regarding e p60s and electronic pay slips which have been given me headache.
I will be applying for permanent residence in the next two months , my ex spouse worked with company which provided her with e p60s and pay slips and she was given an employment letter confirming her employment after our divorce last november. she has since quit the job and i didn't apply for retention of residence after our divorce which was finalised last december/decree absolute
Now my questions are
! if Home office would accept the online documents ?
2 the employment letter given to her by her previous employer dated last december would still be considered valid by the Home office at the time i will be applying for permanent residence
Thanks

SouthWest1

Re: E P60 and electronic payslips

Post by SouthWest1 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:03 pm

I think it might be tricky as you did not apply for ROR following your divorce.
your residence purely based on your relation with the EU national ( marriage ). as you are divorced, your residence is considered broken unless you apply for ROR ( providing you meet the requirements for ROR).
Hence, the home office might argue on that point.

Back to your question, you need to provide proof of exercising treaty rights for your wife up until the date of application ( some argue up to 2-3 months prior to your application). you need to consider that.

if she is no longer employed by the company, then i am afraid the letters are irrelevant and not true.
Electronic payslips and P60 are fine in general as most companies are no longer issue paper copies.

a moderator or a guru will provide more enhanced answer hopefully!

Quattro44
Newly Registered

Post by Quattro44 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:06 pm

@ Southwest1
Thanks for your timely reply however i disagree with you on the broken of residence as you said for not applying for ROR.I have not come accross any sections of the EEA regulations which says that application for Retention of residence after divorce is mandatory,so long as the EEA and their family member have lived in the UK in accordance with EEA regulations. Non EEA retains his rights of residence as long as the marriage duration reqirements are met, EEA exercises treaty rights during the duration of marriage and being a qualified person prior to initiation of divorce up until divorce is finalised which is in my case. I chose not to apply for RoR because :I. I have less than 1yr left on my residence card. 2 I don't want to go through the Home Office rigorous process and waiting times when i could hang on for couple of months and apple straight for PR.
So my question or rather my concern is Home Office acceptablity of electronic P60 and Payslips which i have

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu May 08, 2014 4:12 pm

I would guess it should be ok, but I haven't came across this issue before. I guess the best thing to do would be to email the Home Office and ask: EuropeanOperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. That way you would know for sure.

What if they say 'no' (which is unlikely) - what's the plan then? Is it possible to get hard copies? (I mean originals, not print-outs).

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Thu May 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Quattro44 wrote:@ Southwest1
Thanks for your timely reply however i disagree with you on the broken of residence as you said for not applying for ROR.I have not come accross any sections of the EEA regulations which says that application for Retention of residence after divorce is mandatory,so long as the EEA and their family member have lived in the UK in accordance with EEA regulations. Non EEA retains his rights of residence as long as the marriage duration reqirements are met, EEA exercises treaty rights during the duration of marriage and being a qualified person prior to initiation of divorce up until divorce is finalised which is in my case. I chose not to apply for RoR because :I. I have less than 1yr left on my residence card. 2 I don't want to go through the Home Office rigorous process and waiting times when i could hang on for couple of months and apple straight for PR.
So my question or rather my concern is Home Office acceptablity of electronic P60 and Payslips which i have
I am just trying to explain the situation just in case. home office quiet often has its own interpretation of EU laws/regulations
(thousands of topics on this site on HO mistakes). if you happy with your application/ documents, then go ahead.
I did answer your question regarding the electronic version and it is based on personal experience.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:09 am

Any problems with the electronic pay slips/p60?