ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hope for unmarried couples

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andykay
Newly Registered

Hope for unmarried couples

Post by andykay » Wed May 07, 2014 4:08 pm

Hey everyone

I thought i should share this with you.

In January 2014 i received a letter from HO ordering me to leave the country asap because my visa application to join the British Armed Forces had been declined. My passport was held by the Enforcement team. I had been in limbo regarding my immigration status for two years as my visa had expired while my passport was with HO awaiting a decision.

on Febuary 2/14 i applied as unmarried partner of an EU national having been in a relationship for 2 1/2 years cohabited 2years and 3 months. I included letters addressed to us, didn't have any joint bank statements but just joint tenancy agreements. I provided individual bank statements, Gp letters, tax letters, driving licence card, covering letter, pictures going back 2011, around 50 of them and friend's testimonies that we had been living together for over 2years together with copy passports. The most important thing was the covering letter explaining how our relationship evolved through the two years.

guys don't be afraid to give details eg splitting up for a couple of weeks or even a months, include small details that show that you're a genuine couple living together, Homeoffice staff are not robots.

i got my RC on 02/5/14 after exactly 3 months despite being an illegal immigrant.

guys good luck

SouthWest1

Re: Hope for unmarried couples

Post by SouthWest1 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:19 pm

sorry if i sound daft, but what do you mean by " my visa application to join the British Armed Forces had been declined"?

andykay
Newly Registered

Post by andykay » Thu May 08, 2014 1:10 am

Hey Southwest, what i meant is my visa application was unsuccessful and i was ordered to leave the country within 10 days because i didn't have a valid visa to stay in the UK

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Thu May 08, 2014 7:24 pm

ok
probably you were sarcastic and I did not get it.
in all cases, congratulations on your RC.

LunarGirl

Post by LunarGirl » Thu May 08, 2014 7:33 pm

I'm Miss Queen Sarcasm and I didn't catch the joke either :D

Congrats on your RC!