ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approx process time after sending in job offer?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ads02
Newly Registered

Approx process time after sending in job offer?

Post by ads02 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:06 pm

Greetings to all the members.

I applied for HSMP in early October 04, and included my job offer with my application. I understand that you can send in a request for fast tracking your application after 6 weeks provided you have a job offer. If I do so, would anyone be able to advise approximately how long thereafter would the application be processed?

Cheers.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:10 pm

In the past two weeks, two members in this forum have faxed their job offers to the HO and had their applications placed on the urgent queue.

Duende had his application processed in 5 working days from the date it was placed on the urgent queue. ND has just recieved feedback from the HO that his application will be treated urgently and he has been asked for wait for 2 weeks. It remains to be seen how long they will take in ND's case.

Search for posts by duende and ND for more details.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:53 pm

i think 2 weeks is the going rate, i am not sure though how they will treat your application seeing that it hasnt been with them for 6 weeks.

paki
Newly Registered

Job offer Format

Post by paki » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:58 am

Hi all
****ads02 how are u
,well can send me the job offer format as i have some of my friend he is running company , he is willing to send me job offer , They are having very good business as they are IT consultants.
So can you send me job offer format.. I am in IT field..
Regards
Bye
Dashing_boy_lhr@hotmail.com

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Job offer Format

Post by Chess » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:39 am

paki wrote:Hi all
****ads02 how are u
,well can send me the job offer format as i have some of my friend he is running company , he is willing to send me job offer , They are having very good business as they are IT consultants.
So can you send me job offer format.. I am in IT field..
Regards
Bye
Dashing_boy_lhr@hotmail.com

Sounds/looks a bit dodgy :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

ads02
Newly Registered

Post by ads02 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:44 am

Thank you all for your replies.
f2k wrote:i think 2 weeks is the going rate, i am not sure though how they will treat your application seeing that it hasnt been with them for 6 weeks.
I am planning to send in the request after 6 weeks.

Paki, the job offer letter is a simple letter outlining job title, salary, working hours, job location and deadline for confirmation.

Cheers

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:18 am

yes that does look a bit dodgy. anyway does it really matter what the format of the job offer should be. i just think whatever letter the company sends to you when they are making you job offer is sufficient.

Paki,
I thought your application was turned down already? what do you need the job offer for. infact why cant you get your freind to apply for a WP for you

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:27 am

Ya it looks very dodgy . I am not pointing my finger at any one in special but if one can get job offers that easily then all the applications will be in urgent queue.
:roll:

I agree with f2k job offer format is not necessary even i though the same before but later realised that it can be any format and if they want they can always call the employer.I think they should start calling the employer to confirm whats genuine and whats not ...

Am I wrong ? :wink:

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:56 am

There are a lot of companies in the UK run by half a dozen IT consultants to manage their taxes. They are registered, have VAT numbers and pay regular taxes. I didnt think of them as dodgy. Just smarter way of handling their incomes. Whats dodgy, however, is to get a job offer from such companies only to place yourself on the urgent queue.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:00 am

One of my friend registered a company hes a contractor I am not telling that its dodgy ... as u said getting job offer is not a good idea. 8)

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:23 pm

ND, maybe they do call, i am sure they have a way of checking. the one thing though is, if u apply for an urgent treatment and lets say you are dead certain of getting the points, and then they do find out that your job offer is 'false'. it could mean that your application can be refused for trying to jump the queue

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:08 am

If they call them then the system will not be corrupted. I think they should call them.

Mauhuur
Newly Registered

Post by Mauhuur » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:32 pm

mwazir wrote:ND has just recieved feedback from the HO that his application will be treated urgently and he has been asked for wait for 2 weeks. It remains to be seen how long they will take in ND's case.
I sent an urgent treatment request yesterday, and I received the
message that they can't predict exact processing time, because the
urgent queue is formed on the basis of the date application was received,
not on the time they got the job offer. And they said nothing about this queue
length, and about any approximation on the processing time...

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:24 pm

The problem now is that the urgent que is going to grow and at the end it would take the same time with or without offer......also, a job offer is good for 4 weeks... after that forget it....

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:50 am

Mauhuur

i guess it makes some sense. so if someone who applied for HSMP in september, sends in his urgent request today and in a few days time someone who sent in his HSMP in say may or june sends in his request, then they will process the application of May applicant first. the other thing i saw on ND's post is that they only deal with urgent application on a certain day of the work. so when they will get to your application will depend on who else applies for urgent treatment b4 they actually hand your application to a caseworker. but i think all in all 2 weeks is the going rate

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:59 am

Mauhuur,
when did you send in your initial application, and could you share with us yuur ref number (5 digits). also how did you get you job? it will be interesting to see when you wiil get a reply from them compared to ND

Mauhuur
Newly Registered

Post by Mauhuur » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:50 pm

f2k wrote:Mauhuur,
when did you send in your initial application, and could you share with us yuur ref number (5 digits). also how did you get you job? it will be interesting to see when you wiil get a reply from them compared to ND
My application reached Home Office at September 6, and ref. number was
02595x. I got the job offer after sending my CV directly to the company
(without agencies) and after an interview (so - it's a common way).

speed
Newly Registered

Post by speed » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:14 pm

Hi I posted my job offer to HSMP team on Friday got conformation of receipt on Monday. Any clue how long it would take now.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:19 pm

Should take 2 weeks. Call them up to confirm if they have moved your application to the urgent queue. Bear in mind that the urgent queue is also getting bigger and the HO seems to have slowed down from their usual pace in the last two weeks.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:49 pm

speed wrote:Hi I posted my job offer to HSMP team on Friday got conformation of receipt on Monday. Any clue how long it would take now.
they will probably look at from this friday so maybe next week you should hear from them. just a question there, i thought your employer for a new WP for you, whats the news on that

speed
Newly Registered

Post by speed » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:06 pm

They were confused what they wanted all the time it took them one month to decide what they want to go with WP or HSMP, last week they decided on WP permit but changed there mind by Thursday and send me a offer letter which I faxed to HSMP Team on Friday.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:22 am

Has anyone sent their job offers latelly, do we know how long will it take?

*I'm bitting my nails here.....
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:46 am

try-one wrote:Has anyone sent their job offers latelly, do we know how long will it take?

*I'm bitting my nails here.....
Two people in this forum have sent their job offers and got approval letters very recently (Oct end I think). ND and Duende I think both within 2 weeks of sending their job offers.

speed
Newly Registered

Post by speed » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:50 am

Send my job offer on 12th its still not assigned to caseworker.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:12 pm

looks like the queue for urgent treatment is now also getting longer