ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Travel outside the UK for work reasons

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Carrieanne
Newly Registered

ILR Travel outside the UK for work reasons

Post by Carrieanne » Thu May 08, 2014 3:24 pm

Next year I will have completed my 5 years on tier 1 & 2 visas and would like to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain and the next year for citizenship.

I have been continuously employed in the UK throughout that time for the same company who are now sponsoring me on my TIer 2 visa but I travel a lot for work and will not meet the below 2 requirements:
spent no more than 450 days outside the UK during those 5 years
spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months

As the travel was work related is there a way to still be granted ILR and later citizenship by arguing business travel? Are there any success cases?

Thanks

Manka10

Re: ILR Travel outside the UK for work reasons

Post by Manka10 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:21 am

ILR will be refused if leaves are over 450 days in the last 5 years unless the absences are for compassionate reasons
Manka