ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postponing PEO appointment - implications?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Postponing PEO appointment - implications?

Post by tulipz » Fri May 09, 2014 10:48 am

Hi all,
Can someone please help me understand the financial implications of postponing our PEO appointment for ILR?

As I understand it, when I book the appointment, I need to pay full fees for all 3 of us (My husband and 2 dependents)

We are taking our life in the UK test in the first week of June. I am booking an appointment for around 15th June. Worst case scenario - I am wondering what happens if we fail life in the UK test ( I have no clue yet how difficuly/easy it is) and we HAVE TO postpone our PEO appointment.

Will we lose money for postponing (ie cancelling and rebooking) ?

Thanks
Tulipz

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Postponing PEO appointment - implications?

Post by Casa » Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am

Are you aware that you also need to pass a B1 level English test for ILR as well as the Life in the UK test?
For a refund you need to cancel within 5 days of the appointment. Here's the link to the info:
https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ppointment
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Fri May 09, 2014 11:20 am

Thanks Casa.

We both have Bachelors degrees taught in English (recognized by the Self Assessemnt Tool for language requirement)

I am assuming we dont need to take the English test. Please confirm.

um103
Newly Registered

Post by um103 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi ,

Changing appointment is not an issue , all you need to go in MY ACCOUNT and then press re-schedule and change appointment.
It does mention when youpress re-schedule that you fee will be kept etc etc but its only if you book and dont attend the appointment.

I did mine last week and it was easy

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri May 09, 2014 1:00 pm

No need to take the B1 test.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.