ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation documents for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Javedkhan5555

Cohabitation documents for ILR

Post by Javedkhan5555 » Thu May 08, 2014 1:55 pm

I am applying next week for ILR under tier 1, 5 years route. My spouse and kids spent all those five years with me in the UK. Last year, in April,i purchased my own house and shifted to that. However, my wife did not change her address in the bank and at some other places and most of her post delivered to our previous address. I now have some documents in her name like Polling card, a utility bill, a joint home insurance policy and a bank statement but only for the last two to three months. For the previous years, we have enough documents but don't have anything in her name sent on our current new address from May to December 2013 . I have three kids and have got letter from their school but does not include our names and or address?

1. Do you think , i need to provide more documents for her?
2. Should the documents be joint or anything on our current address would suffice?
3. Is there any frequency they look in to , like one letter in every two months, three months or four months?

Javedkhan5555

Re: Cohabitation documents for ILR

Post by Javedkhan5555 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:41 am

Any response please. Would be highly appreciated.

um103
Newly Registered

Post by um103 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi ,

I am in a very similar situation , i do have planty of documents like nhs cars , pooling cards, bank statements , water bill , cc statements but nothing more then a year old.

too be honest i wasnt aware of that rule and most of the documents are online nowaday , and on top i wasnt bother keeping any of the letter as well. But my Mrs came here as my dependent and when i applied for my T1G extension she was included in the application. we also been on holidays together so stamps are on passports but still no letters more then a year old.

I dont think it can be a problem but if it is then its very confusing that we have so many other proofs that we lived together but still ukiv need letter dated last two years when most of these are online and no one keep it as well.

um103
Newly Registered

Post by um103 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:28 pm

By the way when and where you are applyin for ILR ?

I am applying in 3 weeks time so keep me updated with your experience.

Thanks,
Umar

Javedkhan5555

Post by Javedkhan5555 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:45 pm

Planning in a week time but have not booked yet.