ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Query about convictions.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lasarrr
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Query about convictions.

Post by lasarrr » Fri May 09, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi All,

I recently sent off my forms for the Naturalisation through NCS. Have had the Usual correspondence.

Issue is now - i might be getting prosecuted for a train ticket

I usually purchase a ticket when traveling, but on one instance, i had no cash and the card machine at the station wasnt working, and what i usually do is buy a ticket at the barriers of the station i get off at. This time, i went to purchase it, and instead of letting me by a ticket they tried to fine me. Naturally i was angry because the only reason i failed to purchase a ticket was because their facilities were not working properly. I let my anger get the best of me, and they took some statements etc. I have done some research and they intend to prosecute. I have not yet received any letters from the train company yet, but am expecting a letter asking for my version of events.

With this i aim to try and settle this out of court, but if it fails, they will try and prosecute me under Railway Byelaw 18 ( which as far as i am aware is a strict liability offence)

How will this affect my application? As i have already sent it off. If i am found guilty, should i declare it?

Just a bit of background on me also - i ave had ILR for the best part of 20 years. have been in this country most my life - been through the education system and am fully employed and pay taxes lol. I have no other convictions or cautions etc.

lasarrr
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation Query about convictions.

Post by lasarrr » Sat May 10, 2014 11:43 pm

bump?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation Query about convictions.

Post by Amber » Sun May 11, 2014 12:35 am

Wait to see what happens.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.