ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

reckonable residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

courny

reckonable residency

Post by courny » Fri May 09, 2014 8:30 pm

i would be thankful if someone can answer my question.
my wife in a non eu citizen living in ireland now on stamp 4 for last 3 years and from what i can see i know she is eligible to apply for citizenship. btw there are no gaps in her GARDA registration.

what i would like to know is does it make a difference if she was not present ireland for 6 months in between? if she was away travelling etc for 6 months then back in dublin for 5 moths and then away for 4 months again during the three year period.
does the person have to be physically living in ireland aswell or are the stamps/registrations sufficient to be eligible to apply for citizenship?
thankyou in advance for your help

Conejo77
Newly Registered

Re: reckonable residency

Post by Conejo77 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:06 pm

Hi Courny,

I'm from southAmerica myself and I'm a stamp 4 holder.., at the time I when to ask the same question to INIS guys in Dublin, they told me that I have to be present 1 year (no going out of Ireland) before the date of my application.

The garda wasn't very friendly and said if they check my passport and see I have a customs-airport-stamp in between my 1 year period, that could delay my application. He just said is written in the rules no to be out-of-the-country in the last year of the 3 year period. So I didn't go visit my family,... but it's worth it cause the application took less than 6 months to be processed.

My advice is, tell your wife to stay in the country and after she becomes Irish citizen she can go anywhere she wants.

Good luck.

Conejo