ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Certificate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vs007

English Language Certificate

Post by vs007 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:50 am

Hi,

For the english language certificate do i have to get it from the University or getting from the college would be fine.

Thanks

pktamil2007

Post by pktamil2007 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:21 am

Hi,

As far as I have found out from the forums, the degree certificate awarding body must issue this letter. Whatever college we pass out from, the Degree certificate is normally issued by the University. So the letter needs to be arranged by the university.

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:23 am

@vs007,

Approach your University & not the college.

Cheers
ikon

antony

university letter for English language

Post by antony » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:31 am

Yes the college does not matter in this case even, IF the college have the Autonomy status.

Its the right to get the certificate from the Awarding Body. Ie. the University who awarded the degree.
pktamil2007 wrote:Hi,

As far as I have found out from the forums, the degree certificate awarding body must issue this letter. Whatever college we pass out from, the Degree certificate is normally issued by the University. So the letter needs to be arranged by the university.
If the opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:47 am

For the initial HSMP application I provided the certificate issued by the college (but mentioned that it has become an independent University since. I provided a certificate from the college to this effect) and my application was approved. But I think, I just got lucky there.

I did not take any chances with the EC process though and produced the certificate issued by the University too !!

My advice is - get the certificate from "degree awarding body".

regards,

push_hsmp