ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got a call from UKBA ...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Got a call from UKBA ...

Post by rubina20102010 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:37 pm

Dear Expects,

I've applied visit visa for my brother. family visit category

and yesterday I got a call from UKBA to verify the data. they asked me about his name, dob, job type, reason , why he wana to come to UK and where he is going to stay...

My query is , is this is the normal process to get a call from UKBA to verify this ?

I've also applied for my nationalization application so I'm bit worry about it. Is this is going to make effect on my application too?

Thanks,
Rubiana

wmazhar

Re: Got a call from UKBA ...

Post by wmazhar » Thu May 08, 2014 11:01 pm

thats a good sign if they call , they needed some confirmation. and if u satisfied them it is more likely that he will get the visa.

when I applied for student visa, UKBA called to my sponsor and asked couple of questions. and I got visa later

thanks
Applied: 11/03/2015
Approval: 04-04-2015 Dated 27/03/2015
Ceremony: 15-04-2015

macmac
Newly Registered

Post by macmac » Thu May 08, 2014 11:52 pm

Hi

Its normal, they just want to verify that the invitation is genuine, nothing else. They ask you random questions and match it with the forms filled when applied.

You should be good.

Thanks

rubina20102010 wrote:Dear Expects,

and yesterday I got a call from UKBA to verify the data. they asked me about his name, dob, job type, reason , why he wana to come to UK and where he is going to stay...

My query is , is this is the normal process to get a call from UKBA to verify this ?

I've also applied for my nationalization application so I'm bit worry about it. Is this is going to make effect on my application too?

Thanks,
Rubiana

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:18 am

macmac wrote:Hi

Its normal, they just want to verify that the invitation is genuine, nothing else. They ask you random questions and match it with the forms filled when applied.

You should be good.

Thanks

Thanks - but this is not student visa - this is family visit visa. I
Also, I'm bit worry that its going to make any bad effect on my nationalization application?

Thanks,
Rubiana

macmac
Newly Registered

Post by macmac » Fri May 09, 2014 6:45 pm

I understand, they do call now to reconfirm details of person who applied for visit visa.

This has no impact on you or your naturalisation application.

You shouldnt be worried about anything.

Just a question, was the call from UKBA (UAE office)? let me know

Thanks

rubina20102010 wrote:
macmac wrote:Hi

You should be good.

Thanks

Thanks - but this is not student visa - this is family visit visa. I
Also, I'm bit worry that its going to make any bad effect on my nationalization application?

Thanks,
Rubiana

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Sat May 10, 2014 5:52 pm

Thanks.
Sorry I don't know , it comes from unknown number

zunaira
Newly Registered

Post by zunaira » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Hi!
I just wanted to confirm if these calls are genuine? I got a call today. But now i just have a feeling that it might be a scam..... https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -and-scams

the called didn't ask me for money. but got hold of my details like address, father's and mother's name....
I was wondering if anyone could confirm plz.