ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain - 10 Year Continuation Period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

batzo
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain - 10 Year Continuation Period

Post by batzo » Sat May 10, 2014 9:52 pm

Hello People,

I entered UK in Sept, 2008. Have been living here ever since. I bought a property in Aug 2012. Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to leave for Indian shores in Aug, 2013. I'll be back again in August, 2014 and hoping to stay there for another four years. I wanted to know if I can apply for ILR considering that would have spent more than 10 years in the country? How much would it be problem that I stayed away for almost a year. I maintained my residency status through my residence which I bought in Aug, 2012. Having a property, how much would it help the cause.

Your opinions and comments would be highly appreciated. if anyone has been in a similar position, please write back to me.

Many Thanks

Manka10

Re: Independent Leave to Remain - 10 Year Continuation Perio

Post by Manka10 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Continuous period for ILR will be broken if you remain out of UK for more than 6 months at a stretch
Manka

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 11, 2014 12:26 am

What were the 'unforeseen circumstances''?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun May 11, 2014 1:05 am

batzo wrote:Hello People,

I entered UK in Sept, 2008. Have been living here ever since. I bought a property in Aug 2012. Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to leave for Indian shores in Aug, 2013. I'll be back again in August, 2014 and hoping to stay there for another four years. I wanted to know if I can apply for ILR considering that would have spent more than 10 years in the country? How much would it be problem that I stayed away for almost a year. I maintained my residency status through my residence which I bought in Aug, 2012. Having a property, how much would it help the cause.

Your opinions and comments would be highly appreciated. if anyone has been in a similar position, please write back to me.
-
Many Thanks
well first of all its Indefinite leave to remain not independent secondly 2008 + 10 = 2018
N/A

batzo
Newly Registered

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain - 10 Year Continuation Period

Post by batzo » Thu May 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Thank you all for replying to my post. Yes, I understand it's 'Indefinite Leave to Remain' & not 'Independent Leave to Remain. That was a mistake. Also, I'll be completing my 10 years in 2018 and henceforth I asked this. It is a big decision for me henceforth, I am asking this as I am really worried about the one year gap which I would be having from Aug, 2013 to Aug 2014 on my Visa, even though I have continued to possess the property in my name. Unforeseen circumstances which I have not mentioned here pertains to my parents who have parted ways as a result of which my mother had lost quite a bit and needed me to be for her. Though I have continued to pay council tax, bills and everything in that one year including my bank account and other details on the same address. What are your suggestion and and how can I get around it as it will really eat up my 10 years case for ILR.

Your suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 15, 2014 4:05 pm

If you could show that due to medical reason (including mental health) you needed to stay abroad an additional 6 months, medial evidence from your Mother's psychiatrist or GP for example, that may work. It may also be supported if you do not exceed 540 days in the 10 years period,
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

usmanakbar
Newly Registered

Post by usmanakbar » Thu May 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Hello every body hope all is good to u guys.
I posted my ILR long residency application on 18-02-2014 and got my biomatric done by 03-03-2014
since then i have not heard any thing from home office it is complete silence.
can any body tell me how long i have to wait more plz.
thanks
usman