ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

why no update

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:11 am

i think you will get a lot of objections there on your point that it is "too easy to get in" and they are allowing "too many people" through. i think the main problem has to do with the resources which they have attached to that department, i would say for me the other problem is with "switching" in that they are getting quite a lot of applications from people already there on WP, student visa, etc and especially with the fact that some people can actually use this as a way of 'extending' their stay in the UK while waiting for the application to be processed. i am sure there are people in the UK already who will intentionally apply for HSMP even if they know its going to fail, but because they know it will be another 6 months at least before they get the result and are then required to leave. again that just my opinion

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:20 am

AlexCh wrote:I think they will improve performance after having changed current point system - current conditions make it too easy to apply for HSMP. I suspect they are quietly revising it now and do not want to let too many people into the country under the current system. It's only my opinion of course.
That still doesnt help the people who are still awaiting their decision. Even if the change the current points system it will be for future applicants and as such cannot be applied retrospectively. It means there will still be a gizillion applications in the queue while they discreetly review their point scoring system. Applicants who have already applied will still have to wait a while.