ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls help urgent- EEA family permit appt on Tuesday

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Pls help urgent- EEA family permit appt on Tuesday

Post by Sunshine86 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi Everyone

I am visa required national living in Ireland with a British citizen. Currently on Stamp 4 and waiting for RC for Ireland.

My query is whether I can apply for EEA family permit while being on a Stamp 4 to visit the UK for a short holiday with my husband or should I enter the UK on a visitor visa?

I have prepared all the docs and have an appt booked for this tues to submit the application however after reading the comments here for past few hours I am really confused whether I am eligible to apply for EEA family Permit or not.
Another concern is that on the new website for the UK visa says that you cannot apply for EEA family Permit if your EEA citizen is from the UK?

Can someone please clear this confusion for me and let me know that I am still within the rights to apply for the UK family permit?

Thanks

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: Pls help urgent- EEA family permit appt on Tuesday

Post by rosebead » Sun May 11, 2014 5:59 pm

EEA Family Permit will only be granted to you if your British sponsor meets the conditions of Regulation 9 of the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006 (UK), regardless of whether you and your British sponsor are visiting or returning to the UK to live. So it will depend on how long your British sponsor has been living and working in Ireland and whether the Home Office thinks he/she has met the HO's centre of life criteria. You could try for FP, but it might be easier applying for a visitor visa.

toofan
Member of Standing

Re: Pls help urgent- EEA family permit appt on Tuesday

Post by toofan » Sun May 11, 2014 6:59 pm

HOW LONG YOU AND YOUR BRITISH citizen spouse are in ireland ,and is british citizen exercising treaty right?
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>