ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

citizen pakistani
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by citizen pakistani » Fri May 09, 2014 7:30 pm

Dear Seniors.

At they time of marriage my wife,s age was 24 years and 3 months but molvi sahib put 25 years 3 month.i want to apply for visa but first i want to confirm can it create problem in visa processing?
if yes then how can i rectify it plz?

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:46 pm

citizen pakistani wrote:Dear Seniors.

At they time of marriage my wife,s age was 24 years and 3 months but molvi sahib put 25 years 3 month.i want to apply for visa but first i want to confirm can it create problem in visa processing?
Yes it can create problem

But if you no the molvi then ask him to redo it

I remember in my nikka namma, molvi put the wrong name spellings... My husband went and he got it sorted out ...
Better safe then sorry

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Fri May 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Register new one again with same person.but different union council
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:40 pm

Its better to have correct information on all documents but I don't think this could be a cause of rejection...only requirement is spouse should be 18 years or above.. spelling mistake is a must to rectify of course...marriage certificates also states date of birth...if that is wrong than its a problem...but incorrect age shouldn't be the problem...but better sort it out...

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:44 pm

aneesa786 wrote:
fn286 wrote:Guys....

Tracking with GWF number is for new applications only...online applications... presviously gerry's use to issue a reference numbers that could be tracked using their passport tracking link... new applications cannot be tracked using that link.. new international enquiry service requires GWF number hence I would assume its only for new applications...
The old applications still have GWF numbers. We just didn't havea need for them before. The old tracking was done by Gerrys themselves not UKBA so if you email UKVI they won't know what the old tracking numbers are as they won't be using the same systems as Gerrys. It really isn't that difficult. You just log onto the online application to obtain the GWF number for it. UKVI use that as a reference to locate the specific applications
that is right...what I meant was for online applications....GWF can be checked via visa4uk account...

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Fri May 09, 2014 10:57 pm

Nadizee wrote:
ALWAYSHOPE wrote:To Majy05

To be honest i have no idea why our documents were not accepted. After 2 months passed after waiting and hoping documents would get accepted, we emailed them and they said they cannot make decision on documents sent and that they will make decision when the courts decision is known.

Documents that were requested were bank statements and planning permission letter. Wonder when the decision outcome will be known?
To alwayshope
O M G,,,,,y??? They rejected that did they tell u any reason??or can I ask y they refused u b4???did u applied from Pakistan???
As I,m gona send document nxt week inshAllah,,,,,hope it's work as they ask jst one thing,,,,,
After sending further statements and planning permission letter (these are the docs they requested), we sent them and after 2 months we emailed them and the above was the reply they gave. I would have prefered them to completely refuse application, atleast i could have moved on and put a fresh application in, but now me and my husband are still hoping that maybe after decision is made that they will grant visa.

Honestly im confused. Insha Allah your documents will be accepted by them. Our first application was refused because of english requirement. We did apply from Pakistan Islamabad.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

Majy05

Post by Majy05 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:56 pm

I hope my documents are accepted cause if not then its gona be a long wait for decision on the financial requirement..I applied in Islamabad to, inshallah good news for all of us soon, we just gota have faith n b patience.

Nadizee

Post by Nadizee » Sat May 10, 2014 8:17 am

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:
Nadizee wrote:
ALWAYSHOPE wrote:To Majy05

To be honest i have no idea why our documents were not accepted. After 2 months passed after waiting and hoping documents would get accepted, we emailed them and they said they cannot make decision on documents sent and that they will make decision when the courts decision is known.

Documents that were requested were bank statements and planning permission letter. Wonder when the decision outcome will be known?
To alwayshope
O M G,,,,,y??? They rejected that did they tell u any reason??or can I ask y they refused u b4???did u applied from Pakistan???
As I,m gona send document nxt week inshAllah,,,,,hope it's work as they ask jst one thing,,,,,
After sending further statements and planning permission letter (these are the docs they requested), we sent them and after 2 months we emailed them and the above was the reply they gave. I would have prefered them to completely refuse application, atleast i could have moved on and put a fresh application in, but now me and my husband are still hoping that maybe after decision is made that they will grant visa.

Honestly im confused. Insha Allah your documents will be accepted by them. Our first application was refused because of english requirement. We did apply from Pakistan Islamabad.
May Allah pak help all of us,,,,

Shine786
Newly Registered

Post by Shine786 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:16 am

Beena wrote:
aneesa786 wrote:
Beena wrote:I'm trying to locate my GWF number too, as when we applied we weren't given it, and every time I contact anyone regarding my case they ask for the GWF number!!

I tried visiting the visa4u website but no luck :(
You have to log in with the details that you registered when the application was submitted and it's literally there on the first page that pops up.

My other half applied via the Gerry office, not online.. Does that make a difference? Call me stupid, lol but I'm so confused!!
Same with mine! He done the application so I'm clueless on where to find it

aneesa786

Post by aneesa786 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:58 am

Shine786 wrote:
Beena wrote: My other half applied via the Gerry office, not online.. Does that make a difference? Call me stupid, lol but I'm so confused!!
Same with mine! He done the application so I'm clueless on where to find it
They would have had to fill out an online application submit that and print it before they could even make an appointment at Gerrys to submit documents and have their biometric info. If you need the GWF number just get your spouse to log into the visa4uk online application and get you it...
Centre: Islamabad
Online application: 20/12/13
Submitted: 30/12/13
Forwarded to ISB OC: 30/12/13
Under process at BHC : 13/01/14
Call for RFC: 24/06/14
Outcome: Visa Granted Alhamdulillah

ADUANWAR

Post by ADUANWAR » Sat May 10, 2014 9:45 pm

السلام عليكم everyone.

Quick question, I'm applying for my wife's visa again and I'm filling out the form online. I didn't do it previously so I didn't know what kind off question to expect. In the sponsors details section it's asking for what relationship does the sponsor have with you (aimed at my wide) but their is no option for husband :/ only relatives :/ anyone know about this?

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Sat May 10, 2014 10:45 pm

ADUANWAR wrote:السلام عليكم everyone.

Quick question, I'm applying for my wife's visa again and I'm filling out the form online. I didn't do it previously so I didn't know what kind off question to expect. In the sponsors details section it's asking for what relationship does the sponsor have with you (aimed at my wide) but their is no option for husband :/ only relatives :/ anyone know about this?
Walaykum Asalam

There is no option for husband/wife.
So I chose 'other relative'.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

ADUANWAR

Post by ADUANWAR » Sun May 11, 2014 10:20 am

musriz wrote:

Walaykum Asalam

That's what I've done as well. Now when I went to make the payment its only asking for £885 :( I thought the priority service was launched in Pakistan and was confirmed by Gerry yet their is no option to pay the extra £300 :( does anyone know if you make this payment when you go to submit the application?

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Sun May 11, 2014 12:08 pm

ADUANWAR wrote:
musriz wrote:

Walaykum Asalam

That's what I've done as well. Now when I went to make the payment its only asking for £885 :( I thought the priority service was launched in Pakistan and was confirmed by Gerry yet their is no option to pay the extra £300 :( does anyone know if you make this payment when you go to submit the application?
Aduanwar

Go through some of the old posts. I am sure someone posted screenshots of how to apply with the priority service.
I think Zeeh posted them. Search their posts.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Sun May 11, 2014 1:17 pm

ADUANWAR wrote:
musriz wrote:

Walaykum Asalam

Asalam O Alikum ADUANWAR,
for priority visa application what you need to do is just fill your application as normal pay £885 and complete it and submit it. Once completed then you need to go on to this web site https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/ShoppingCar ... ation.aspx and fill you application number etc. and pay £300. this is how you get priority service for settelement applications. Please update this once you have done this and about the priority application. dates etc.

Thanks,

citizen pakistani
Newly Registered

Post by citizen pakistani » Sun May 11, 2014 1:23 pm

fn286 wrote:

Its better to have correct information on all documents but I don't think this could be a cause of rejection...only requirement is spouse should be 18 years or above.. spelling mistake is a must to rectify of course...marriage certificates also states date of birth...if that is wrong than its a problem...but incorrect age shouldn't be the problem...but better sort it out...
there is 6th number clause that AGE OR DATE OF BIRTH OF BRIDE. molvi sahib put age instead of DOB,he did not put DOB,he just write 25 years 3 months.
it secretary UC put correct date on same urdu nikah nama and put stamp on it will it be acceptable?
rest of nikah nama is correct just wrong age

ADUANWAR

Post by ADUANWAR » Sun May 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Ok I've made the payment of £885 and got a confirmation email, then went on the link you gave and went through like this

Country of residence: Pakistan
Visa Category: Settlement
Visa application Center: Islamabad

it took me to the next page where I had to fill all other stuff like GWF, Name, Passport Number and expiry, Date of Birth and visa sub category which I said SETTLEMENT WIFE as I'm applying for her and it only gives me an option for premier lounge only, no option for priority service :(

Am I doing something worng?

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sun May 11, 2014 3:37 pm

There is also settlement hus/wife, try that?

ADUANWAR

Post by ADUANWAR » Sun May 11, 2014 4:04 pm

prayforus wrote:There is also settlement hus/wife, try that?
Tired that as well and still only Premier Lounger Service only.

citizen pakistani
Newly Registered

Post by citizen pakistani » Sun May 11, 2014 4:45 pm

i have very technical question,hopefully i will get right answer.

i and my sister are married to other real brother and sister (wata-sata)
few days ago my brother-in-law have got family reunion visa.
On my wife,s birth record her father,s name is written partial incorrect as compared to her father,s correct name.
My father-in-law,s correct name is Muhammad Munir but my wife had been using Malik Munir Hussain from her time of birth.

My question is if my wife apply for visa do embassy counter verify applicant,s name and father, name from other applicants?
My brother-in-law is using correct name of his father Muhammad Munir,my wife is using incorrect Malik Munir Hussain
As my brother-in-law got visa,will embassy take notice about my father-in-law,s incorrect name on my wife,s record?
or
embassy deal every case as individual?

i am very confused plz share your valuable experience

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Sun May 11, 2014 4:59 pm

I need some information regarding getting nikah Nama registered and endorsed by a union council (in Pakistan).
1) The nikah Nama can anyone pls advise where can I get an English and Urdu copy which is accepted by the union council as well as by BHC.
2) after the nikah I will take both copies to Union council to get it stamped and registered.
Is that all I need to do reg the nikah papers. Do I need to do an English translation even if I submit an original nikah Nama in English.

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Sun May 11, 2014 5:08 pm

t0mmy wrote:I need some information regarding getting nikah Nama registered and endorsed by a union council (in Pakistan).
1) The nikah Nama can anyone pls advise where can I get an English and Urdu copy which is accepted by the union council as well as by BHC.
2) after the nikah I will take both copies to Union council to get it stamped and registered.
Is that all I need to do reg the nikah papers. Do I need to do an English translation even if I submit an original nikah Nama in English.

My wife got her nikah nama translated in to english. All her papers in urdu were translated in to english. She gave both urdu and english papers together.
hope this helps.
Application submitted: 9th december 2013
Under process at BHC: 20th december 2013
Outcome - visa granted - 8th April 2014

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Sun May 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks for the info.
A dumb question but can you pls advise where you got the blank nikah paper form from? Is it same across all Pakistan? Does the union council office give these forms as well. I read somewhere there is a computerised form as well

fn286

Post by fn286 » Mon May 12, 2014 12:10 pm

forum is quite ... no good news today...

Beena

Post by Beena » Mon May 12, 2014 12:24 pm

My other half applied via the Gerry office, not online.. Does that make a difference? Call me stupid, lol but I'm so confused!![/quote]

Same with mine! He done the application so I'm clueless on where to find it[/quote]

Ask your husband to check on the handout / print he received when applying online. My husband checked last night and it stated the GWF number on there! Ask him to have a look on ALL the documents he received that day. Hope this helps
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

Decision withdrawn before hearing

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Call in letter/IHS paid-1/12/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Collected-15/12/16 Alhamdulillah