ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please read.is it true about reconsideration?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

behold2014

please read.is it true about reconsideration?

Post by behold2014 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:31 am

I re-read the Home Office guidance to caseworkers on reconsideration requests, and hidden away is a part that says that the guidance does not apply to EEA citizens and their family members. I cannot think why that would be so. I cannot imagine that the terms for reconsideration of EEA refusals would be harsher than those for refusals under domestic laws - it's usually the opposite. Many members on this forum have both asked for a reconsideration and appealed at the same time in the past, and had success with it. It's disgusting that Home Office policy is not more transparent. This is all the info I could find about reconsiderations of specifically EEA refusals, and even this was a Freedom of Information request rather than info clearly outlined on the UKVI website.

toofan
Member of Standing

Re: please read.is it true about reconsideration?

Post by toofan » Sun May 11, 2014 12:38 pm

can you provide any link ?
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

behold2014

Post by behold2014 » Sun May 11, 2014 2:15 pm

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Sun May 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Starting from Page 2 of this guidance:
What this guidance does not cover
This guidance does not apply to:
  • entry clearance in any category
  • refusal of human rights or asylum applications (including decisions on protection-based claims under article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights)
  • European Economic Area (EEA) nationals and their family members
  • Bulgarian and Romanian nationals
  • nationality decisions
  • port decisions
  • curtailment decisions
  • enforcement decisions
  • representations against removal made to a local immigration team
But like I told you before, do not worry yourself over it until the caseworker tells you that you can't have a reconsideration at the same time as an appeal (which HARDLY ever happens by the way). Even then, I think the caseworker would probably be in the wrong, as I can't see what difference it would make if you send in an informal letter (which is what a reconsideration request is) after you submit an appeal or before.